• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

intro to grass?????

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
i am wondering now hagrid and hermonie have reached 12 weeks (well they will be on friday) whether it would be a good idea to introduce them to grass? hagrid has been out of stasis for a couple of weeks now (fingers crossed it stays that way)

how long should i oput them on the grass for and how often???

thanks eve x

Hi

When Merlin and Hermione were that age, I started digging up small clumps from our garden (very overgrown and untidy). They had a small clump to nibble every day for the first couple of weeks and when there seemed to be no problems I increased it.

Hope this helps,

Lynsey

When I first had Beau he had never been on or been fed grass so before I let him have access to it I cut him some and fed it to him (yes I really did go down on my hands and knees cutting the lawn with scissors to get a small bowlful).
I did this for about a week whilst keeping an eye on poops and tum and then let him out in a run for half an hour, then have gradually increased it since then.

hi

Surely it's like introducing any new food - a very small amount then wait a day or 2 to see what the end result is :shock:

If it's OK give same small amount again, and after a fortnight of a tiny bit daily, gradually increase the amounts over a month - I'd have thought that by the time they're having a good handful of grass they'd be OK for half an hour on the lawn - depending on how long your grass is?

Towsbuns said:
When I first had Beau he had never been on or been fed grass so before I let him have access to it I cut him some and fed it to him (yes I really did go down on my hands and knees cutting the lawn with scissors to get a small bowlful).
I did this for about a week whilst keeping an eye on poops and tum and then let him out in a run for half an hour, then have gradually increased it since then.

i have been doing that towsbuns!!!!

Back