PDA

View Full Version : intro to grass?????

bunnylove
10-05-2005, 01:24 PM
i am wondering now hagrid and hermonie have reached 12 weeks (well they will be on friday) whether it would be a good idea to introduce them to grass? hagrid has been out of stasis for a couple of weeks now (fingers crossed it stays that way)

how long should i oput them on the grass for and how often???

thanks eve x

Lynsey
10-05-2005, 03:49 PM
Hi

When Merlin and Hermione were that age, I started digging up small clumps from our garden (very overgrown and untidy). They had a small clump to nibble every day for the first couple of weeks and when there seemed to be no problems I increased it.

Hope this helps,

Lynsey

Towsbuns
10-05-2005, 04:28 PM
When I first had Beau he had never been on or been fed grass so before I let him have access to it I cut him some and fed it to him (yes I really did go down on my hands and knees cutting the lawn with scissors to get a small bowlful).
I did this for about a week whilst keeping an eye on poops and tum and then let him out in a run for half an hour, then have gradually increased it since then.

elve
10-05-2005, 04:32 PM
Surely it's like introducing any new food - a very small amount then wait a day or 2 to see what the end result is :shock:

If it's OK give same small amount again, and after a fortnight of a tiny bit daily, gradually increase the amounts over a month - I'd have thought that by the time they're having a good handful of grass they'd be OK for half an hour on the lawn - depending on how long your grass is?

bunnylove
10-05-2005, 06:22 PM
When I first had Beau he had never been on or been fed grass so before I let him have access to it I cut him some and fed it to him (yes I really did go down on my hands and knees cutting the lawn with scissors to get a small bowlful).
I did this for about a week whilst keeping an eye on poops and tum and then let him out in a run for half an hour, then have gradually increased it since then.

i have been doing that towsbuns!!!!