• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Birdie Birdies

Does anyone here love birdie birdies?

Does anyone have space for 2 lovebirds orphaned by cancer? My beautiful neighbour lost the fight in February.

Not urgent, but I'm looking for proper long term loving parent. They need full time attention. I will provide all supplies inc. cage etc.

Please pm me if you have the space, time and love to take on 2!

I love birds and have two cockatiels, but my cockatiels are free range (I don't believe in cageing birds and animals). Mine have a cage, but sit on top of it mostly,so what i'm trying to say is can lovebirds be intergrated in with cockatiels (without fighting etc). If they can be I would consider taking them in. Also the gentleman that lives next door to me has the most beautiful avery, so I could ask him if yu wanted.

I have 2 budgies and 2 cockatiels I dont think lovebirds do very well with other species as they can be quite vicious to other birds but are ok with their own kind, they must NEVER be put with budgies and if you have a placid cockatiel it may also get bullied by a lovebird.

Try advertising it on www.flockintiels.co.uk
It has a forum much like this one and a page to advertise birds, I am also a member there and have found everyone friendly and have received lots of good advise the members are all bird lovers so you will know it will be going to a loving home.

Thanks Debs for the link to that site. I have been trying for ages to find a link to an RU type forum for birds.

Denny what Pet rescue site do you mean?

I am not sure what to do really. I have 2 lovebirds of my own and what I have learned since Feb is the following...

1. All 4 together do NOT get along.
2. I have 2 girls and Maureens pair are a girl and boy (turquoise)
3. Since the boy has been in the house my 2 girls have been egging like mad. They have laid over 25 eggs between them. One of them has been rushed to the vet twice being egg bound. Very scary condition.

I can't bear the thought of them going somewhere dodgy or new. This will be their third home in a year. However, they are also affecting my first birds comfort and happiness. It is a tough situation.

I am currently keeping them in the dining room. Only room for the huge cage! I tried Maureen birds free range for a while and ended up having to buy a huge cage. One of them ate a string on a venetian blind and it came crashing down. I thought he might have been crushed so can't risk it now. They get into absolutely everything and have loads of tricks and games they like to play. Very smart little gitts to be honest. They like to sit on the rabbits hayrack and pinch nesting materials. They also ate my P60 (no joke).

I'll see what kind of response I get and have a think about it.

my mom has been looking at love birds as she love them
but im too far away but need to speak to mom first anyway
becky

Back