• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Water?

How much does your rabbit drink per day

• up to 20ml

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • up to 40ml

• up to 60ml

• up to 80ml

• up to 100ml

• Total voters
I was just wondering how much YOUR rabbit drinks per day? Because Im not too sure that Binky is drinking enough.

If you have more than one bun can you say what is the least that is drunk please?

Milly and Bonny drink about 300ml each a day, Bonny often drinks more but that maybe the EC.
Sidney drinks about 100+ a day and hugs, bun and Purdie don't drink that much.

Are your rabbits out grazing everyday? because if they are then tehy don't tend to drink so much as they are getting moisture from the grass.

Let's face it how many water bottles do you see hanging in hedges. :lol:

Mine are house rabbits but they dont drink alot. Simba has recently appeared to be drinking more than he used to but i would still say it is very small amount.. maybe 30-40mls per day. Nala shares the water bottle and doesnt seem to drink alot at all from the bottle.. she does however drink a bit from a bowl when she is running around but still i would say no more than about 30-40mls per day. Neither are particularly big rabbits so maybe that is why and they both have some fresh veg every evening.

I thought at first that because the bottles hold so much that Sooty would drink more than he does (50ml) He tends to drink most during the night

hi

I haven't got a clue as mine have a bowl and a bottle - the water in the bottle may be going down because it drips when it warms up - not sure! I've only seen Pepsi drinking, and he uses the bowl.

spooky....

I was just going to post a question asking the same - :shock:

If people could add the weight of their buns too - it would be great and enable a good comparison.

Jaro is 1.7Kg and drinks about 120ml a day.

We're even measuring out how much he pees (manually expressed) to monitor water intake and urine to work out if any is being retained. (some water goes out in poos too though - so difficult to work out exactly).

Martin

Panzy and Bernard drink about 50ml each per day
Blossom and Bramble drink up to 100ml per between them.
Binky the one that concerns me, is drinking about 10ml

They all eat exactly the same food veg grass dandilions and of course hay, which if any Binky eats the most of. So i dont know why he drinks so little. :?

hi

The rabbit welfare fund has an article on bladder sludge which says that some rabbits just don't drink as much as they should, and this can cause problems with flushing out calcium.

To encourage a rabbit to drink, they say put apple juice or something similar in the water, or give a sprinkling of salt on wet veg, and if neither of those encourage it to drink more, then routinely syringe feed water to your bunny - but slowly incase it chokes.

Back