• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Fuzzy bum

bunny-mad

Mama Doe
I have noticed recently that Sylvia seems to have an area of growth of properly fuzzy fur around her bottom area, above (and underneath) her tail. I remember the lady I got her from telling me about her fuzzy fur, but at the time I didn't really know it was rare. She said Sylvia's dad had the same.

Anyone else's bun got a fuzzy bum? How rare is this?

I will try and take a picture...

both of mine have fluffy bums but then they are fuzzy all over so i guess that doesnt really count eh. :wink:

How do you groom bums anyway. Sooty wont let me. He is fluffy which worries me! I can groom everywhere else

Sooty.. lay him on his back with his head under your armpit/elbow and his body is laying across your lap. Then you can keep him still while seeing to his bottom :wink:

bunny-mad said:
Sooty said:
How on earth are you going to get a picture??? Good luck :D

Good question! I'll have a go :)

ps When I say it's fuzzy, I mean it looks like it's been crimped :shock:

Ralf's bum isnt like that, but his fur is "crimped" around his mouth!! Its lovely!! :lol: :lol:

Well, I tried to take some pics but they're not very clear... oops. You will probably still have no idea what I'm talking about from these!! but anyway this is where the fuzz is. lol

bunnybottom1.jpg

bunnybottom3.jpg

Cute bunny bums!! :lol: :lol: I know what you mean, had a couple of bunnies in the past with crimped bum cheeks!! :lol: :lol:

Awwwwwww, how cute, I'm sat in my office at work, giggling away to myself at the crimped bunny bums :lol: Bless!

I think it's just normal, my cat has funny crimped hair under her tummy!

I used to have a bun whose hair used to go like that around his bottom and above his tail. I used to have to comb it and a lot of dead fur would come out. If i was you i`d brush/comb it and see if it all comes out!

Amanda said:
I used to have a bun whose hair used to go like that around his bottom and above his tail. I used to have to comb it and a lot of dead fur would come out. If i was you i`d brush/comb it and see if it all comes out!

I have and it has! It's like her moulting patch :)

bunny-mad said:
Amanda said:

I have and it has! It's like her moulting patch :)

OOH juicy!! There's nothing more juicy than big bits of fur coming away!! :lol: :lol:

Back