• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Post pics and plans

DSC00526.jpg

Plans to follow. Cant get photobucket to resize

Ok, heres mine again:-

Outside of the shed, decking will be replaced when I can afford it, and also going to build a huge run on, with some sort of tinted roof so it's waterproof but not too hot in the summer.

DSCN8463rdc.jpg

DSCN8468rdc.jpg

DSCN8467rdc.jpg

DSCN8465rdc.jpg

Going to put some of that willow screening up alongside the fence (as the neighbours are REALLY nosey :x ) and then build a huge roofed run on for Poppy and probably one the other end for Ralf eventually. Hopefully getting done this summer (money permitting) so will post more piccies up as it's coming along. :wink:

There's a lot on this site about hutch and run sizes but that one looks waaaay to small for two young girls .........have you thought about getting them a run each?!! :lol: :lol:

.......................They are cute though!! :wink:

conny said:
There's a lot on this site about hutch and run sizes but that one looks waaaay to small for two young girls .........have you thought about getting them a run each?!! :lol: :lol:

.......................They are cute though!! :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They are perfectly happy in there as long as they are fed with raw carrot and peppers. Honestly! Sandy (5) was in Sootys run indoors yesterday wanting me to feed her through the wire. We're all going mad :roll: :roll:

plans and pics for rabbit homes

Hi

I have almost finished building my outdoor palace for Moet and Chandon and thought that it may be useful/provide ideas for anyone about to tackle such a project.
i have based their run on a garden pergola and it measures about 2m square. the flooring is wood where their hutch sits and i have turfed the rest with grass.
round the outside of the pergola i got heavy duty trelliss from B+Q (the kind used for decking and the only one i could find that was high enough!)
on to the trellis i stitched galvanised wire and then attached all the sections to the posts.
my remaining task is to make a gate, wire the rest of the area and across the top of the run, (it's about 2m high) and then finally get some garden screening to put over the top as a sort of 'roof'.
round the perimeter of the run and below ground i filled with bricks/rubble to prevent any foxes from trying to get in. also for the grass area i put plenty sand and gravel down first before laying the turf for drainage as i do not want the bunnies jumping into puddles of water when it rains!
once i have got this project complete, will post a pic but thought this info may be of interest!

here is a pic of the run although it is not quite finished yet but will give you an idea! also my maths is terrible the size is actually 4m square as it is approximately 2mx2m!

sorry, will need to figure out how to insert pics! can anyone tell me easiest way to insert/ does it have to be a jpeg/gif/tiff or what!?!

Gill, there is a sticky on posting pictures, but basically you have to upload photos into photobucket.com or something similar and then copy and paste the url with the IMG tags at the both ends.
I think that photos can be jpegs or gifs.

thanx every one for your replys. conny its only a temp arrange ment
once pepper has been neuterd and they are bonded fingers crossed
they will have the run of the garden and the house :lol: :lol:

Back