• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which Pellets?

Sooty

Mama Doe
I am feeding Sooty P@H all in one pellets and we're getting to the bottom of the bag. I realise i need to take a few days to change brands so is his food fine, or tell me what i should be giving him. He's 4mths now

Its the adult pellets as thats what he was fed on in the shop. Sooty on second week of antibios and is sneezing less. Have ordered probios. Should he be on baby food?

If he's doing fine on them just now, I'd just leave him on them in the meantime. Do you know what the fibre and protein % are? It should tell you on the packet.

Well, to me that looks like the protein is ok but the fibre is a bit low. If he was mine, I'd buy another bag of the p@h stuff (cos he's used to it), and keep him on it for a wee while longer til his health picks up a bit more. If he eats lots of hay, that should provide more fibre anyways. We have all our buns (except Jasper :roll: ) on Science Selective cos it's got 19% fibre, the higher the fibre the better. I think some of the other foods have a higher fibre content but I can't remember which ones they are, maybe someone could let us know :D

The excel lite has 12% protein and 18% fibre so almost as good as Supreme :)

Tam

Tamsin said:
The excel lite has 12% protein and 18% fibre so almost as good as Supreme :)

Tam

We had this conv the other day lol, I have bought a bag of the lite to introduce to my buns, as they were on excel junior/dwarf, do I need to take the change over as slowly as you would from a different brand?

Thanks Tam, I'd say the excel lite was better then cos of the lower protein content. But am I right in thinking that a younger bun needs more protein while it's still growing? :? (sorry! being a numpty here :oops: , not used to younger buns)

Yep, they need more protein when they are growing as it takes more energy up :) I think the excel recommended amounts are slightly higher than the SS ones so I imagine its works out pretty similar anyway. As long as they are eating plenty of hay I doubt the fibre difference is particularly significant either. I'd just go with whichever you can get hold of easiest.

Tam

Normal exel has 12% protein & 16% fibre... hows that, that's good isn't it??!!! :D (Sophie is an adult bunny by the way!! :wink: )

Back