• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Leaking rabbit!!

MissB

Young Bun
My rabbit is very excitable at the mo. Running about madly in circles and then catapulting herself in the air! She is also humming! Its like a mmm mmm mmm sound!!

She has been much more affectionate as well, lots of licking and nugding for some love!

My only concern is that she keeps leaving little wet patches on the cushions and my clothing!! I dont think its urine. Should I be concerned? :?

She is not speyed (my previous posts explain my reluctance) and I have no other worries about her behaviour or health.

MissB
x

It is urine, and she's courting you! :wink: Nothing to be concerned about, but she would probably be more settled and less frustrated if you did get her spayed, and you wouldn't need to be concerned about you and your cushions smelling of 'eau de bun' :D

Oh dear!! She has never been one for weeing outside her home, do you think this is a result of her "courtship"?!!! Would it be resolved if I had her done?

PS As well as the mad dashing about she can still sit on my lap for 30 mins for a cuddle in front of the tv.

She's leaving her own special scent for any other passing prospective husbuns to 'read', so yes it's probably down to courtship. The only other thing it might be is a bladder infection, but I would rule that out if she's fine in herself (different symptoms show like pushing her belly down on the ground, grinding teeth, straining to pee etc). Spaying would probably stop it.

You're lucky to have a 'cuddle bun', it's been a while since we had one :(

Hi MissB,

My little girl bunny Lavender did this sort of thing when we first got her. She run round and round my feet in circles, demand attention constantly, follow me everywhere and leave lots of little wet patches. She was spayed a month ago, she stopped all the wet patches, calmed down a lot but still loves her fuss and attention. I havenm't read your other post about why you don't want to get her spayed so will go and do so now, however I will say that unless you are going to breed her then its much better for her health and happiness if you do get her spayed.

btw I just looked at your pics, she's gorgeous!

i know they are different animals but they are all i could think about to put my point across... dogs get excited and pee a bit only because the excitment pushes it out!

Back