• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor bunny bedding

Debs2811

Alpha Buck
I have 3 rabbits at the moment which live in a hutch but are kept indoors (reason being a far too nosey dog still getting to know them) I have the hutchs lined with lino, and i put in woodchip with some straw for sleeping. I have found though that obviously it is warmer inside a house than in a garden and they all seem to dig away the woodchip and straw and prefer to lay on the lino, presumably this is cooler, I was wondering what else i could use instead if they have decided they dont like the straw and woodchip?
I have vetbed in my lionheads hutch, as she is so small and the woodchip and straw were getting stuck in her hair, she isnt really a chewer so doesnt seem to destroy it, however my other 2 bunnies, especially my buck is somewhat destructive despite having lots of toys and chews so they would probably chew and destroy the vet bed.

What do others use in their house buns hutch/cage?

I usehay in the main part and Carefresh liitter/bedding in the tray,. Sooty always scrapes it all away and lies on the plastic too :?

Back