• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone know if.....

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
...I can buy science selctive in 20kg sacks? I currently feed the buns on Dodson and Horrell Rabbit Royale! It is very good and contains Herbs, pellets, dried veg and marigolds plus a few other things, the buns like this feed alot and most of them eat everything except one group they tend to leave the pellets!! Not good, they will eventually eat them andall the buns get plenty of hay and lots of grass and veg but i was thinking of changing all the buns to science. My current feed cost £9.99 for a 20kg sack from my local Farm shop and i use 60kg a month. Any ideas?

Thanks guys

I have a massive bag of Science Selective - I'll go check the size.

I couldn't find a local stockists, so asked my vet to order it in for me which they did :)

Back :lol: Right, it's only 10 kg (so not really that massive :lol: ). But I've only got two bunnies and it's done us ages :wink: I think I was about £16 for this bag, so might work out more expensive for you :?

You might want to try Alan and Page instead. It is only £5.99 for a 20kg bag, but is good quality feed, all organic, non GM, high fibre, low protein, with a probiotic etc. I switched to it from Excel to get rid of all those messy uneaten caecotrophes, and now all the rabbits eat it up happily. One group was a bit reluctant, but they came round. I use a couple of sacks a month, and it has really helped with expenses, although that was not why I switched to it.

Hiya

I use A+P pellets, bunnies love them even my fussy one now!! I did find an online stockist, I'll hunt it out for you but most horse feed shops should be able to get it in if they stock the A+P horse food. I've got a really good food shop near me and he ordered it in for me :) Much cheaper than Excel + SS but in my opinion far better!

Nicola

Thanks nicolar! My local farm shop (sells everything) only stock dodson and horrell horse feed or there own but i could ask them if they could get it! im sure they would be able to i buy enough of em!!! :D

Yep they do! :) Food for all!! I didn't look much round that site but they do seem to do a lot, glad I can be of help!

Nicola

hi i used A&P natural rabbit pettles too,
i buy my stuff from a horse place as they sell A&P horse feed so they order me the rabbit food too

becky

Yep my horse place orders in the Allen & Page feed too....have you got small/medium(dutch/dwarf lop) or medium/large(French Lop/Giant) breeds? If the smaller ones then you'll need to order Allen & Page Natural Rabbit Pellets, if you have large buns then you'll need Allen & Page Breeder and Grower pellets (these have more protien which the large breeds need).
HTH

I also use the A & P natural pellets and the bunnies love them. I pay £5.40 for a 20kg sack from one of the local pet shops. I am lucky in that I only live about 3/4 of an hour away from the allen and page factory anyway though :D

sgprescue said:
I also use the A & P natural pellets and the bunnies love them. I pay £5.40 for a 20kg sack from one of the local pet shops. I am lucky in that I only live about 3/4 of an hour away from the allen and page factory anyway though :D

That's a great price. I can't find anywhere in Glasgow that stocks it tho. Mind you my local pet shop has just started stocking SS. I might ask him nicely if there is any chance he can find me some A&P.

I didn't realise A+P was so popular! I think it is a really good food, my buns are doing really well on it. Think I paid about £6.50 for my sack.

Nicola x

Diddeen said:
Does it come in small bags too or only 20kg sacks?

Usually 20kg sacks but we have it at work now if you want some :D. The hard pellets that they used to sell have now been discontinued so I managed to persuade my boss to order the natural pellets instead :thumb:

Back