• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding question (again)

bunny-mad

Mama Doe
Hi, this has probably been asked before, apologies if so! but I was just wondering whether you could bond a single neutered male with an already bonded pair of neutered females - with any success?

Thanks

You can only try and see what happens. I managed this whilst trying to bond two pairs to get a bonded four. I ended up being able to put both females with either male but it was the males that didn't get along. I was keeping them as two pairs but continued to let the two females out together whilst alternating the males in the hope the the males would eventually be ok together. Then, I sadly lost one of the males so I left the remaining three together.

hmmmm... do you think 5 rabbits is too many? :shock:

Thanks Donna.

I am not going rabbit crazy, honest - not yet anyway :lol: :shock:

I have a bonded trio, which is two girls and a boy all neutered. The girl’s occasionally chase each other around a bit but nothing serious.

Louise

i have bonded a pair of already bonded males (neutered) and a neutered female, which went ok. there was a bit of fuss between the boys but they were ok after a while!

good luck!

ohmigod

are you getting five???? im only aloud 1 :cry: but am hoping to get more if mum lets me. im getting one tomorow after naggin mum for 2 years. she wouldnt lemme just because my white angora rabbit died when i was nine! but yay tomorow will be great!

hi

Well hopefully your next bunny will live to a ripe old age Amy (could be 10yrs!) - there's lots of good advice on rabbit care here - Maybe your mum realises how expensive they are to keep, and is afraid that in 5yrs time you might want to do other stuff? (So mum gets left holding the bunny :shock: )

Edana and the boys :love:

ohmigosh you got it in one! its because i had 3 ginea pigs and i didnt look after them but i didnt really want them i got forced to have them :evil:
but i have wanted a rabbit for 2 years now and i am alot older then before and act older for my age, and know i will look after this one! i dont rely on my mum really if you get what i mean! i have my own allowance so she doesnt have to pay a pennie and my rabbit is a house rabbit so it can run about in my room and i will get a run for it in summer. it cant run around the house as dogs might eat it!

hi

Wow - if I'd had £8 a week allowance I'd have spent it all in New Look :lol:

i have £40 a month but gets given £10 weekly and one week a month i have to give it to mum for my mobile phone bill- the £30 will go on bunny and any spare will be put in my back account for rainy days:) will thirty quid a month be enough for bunny? (not for jabs i will get money out bank for that!)
amyxx

hi

I spend £13 a week on 2 small rabbits - mostly goes on eating hay and megazorb or other litter - and that doesn't include vets bills, so I guess one rabbit would cost around £8 a week plus who knows how much for vets - best to have insurance with Petplan, (about £1.50 a week but it doesn't pay for small trips to vet or vaccinations, neutering etc) or a savings account for that.
Depends a lot on the size of the grown rabbit, and how you keep it - mine are in their own 'house' (my shed) with carpets on the floor and 2 big litter boxes where they eat their hay and go to the loo, so I don't buy straw or shavings like if they were in a hutch (although if I had a hutch I'd probably carpet it!)

im going to get pet insurance soon but because im only 14 would i have to get my mum too do it????
yeah my aunty works at pets at home so she can get my rabbit stuff on the sly :D so i think that may reduce rabbit bills- i am going to save alll spare money for jabs too!

Re: ohmigod

.::.whiterabbit.::. said:
are you getting five???? im only aloud 1 :cry:

Well I have 2 already and was thinking about getting another pair (poss trio!) Have to move house first though and still haven't secured one yet so it really depends on how much space we end up with - the new buns will probably have to live outside, so the garden needs to be really secure from foxes... I would far rather have them indoors with me but then there are bonding issues and space issues (and boyfriend issues) - aaaargh!

I think another 3 might be overkill, but it's a nice idea *sigh*

ps Your bun is gorgeous whiterabbit! she looks all cute and squidgy :)

Back