• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Doggy/kitty pics

Nienna

Young Bun
I was looking at some of my older pictures and came across some cute ones so I thought I'd share!

These are the doggies, Sisko (left) and Max (right) last Christmas. They're brothers. :)
SiskoMax.jpg

This is our kitty, Tiger. This pic was taken last summer. A friend of mine found him abandoned in her yard. He was so young, his eyes were still closed. We hand reared him, and he's turned out OK, with the exception that he has a bad case of feline asthma and has to be medicated twice a day.
Tigerbaby.jpg

Baby Tiger exploring the yard (he is looking down at the stream):
TigerJuly1104.jpg

Baby Tiger preparing to wake up poor Max:
Max_sleeping.jpg

Tiger and Dookie relaxing outside:
DookTiger.jpg

This picture is fairly odd so I should probably explain. Tiger loves to sleep on the bed, and one day, he managed to somehow tangle himself in the sheets, and then roll over the edge of the bed. Luckily, he didn't fall...instead, he got stuck! That's when I took this pic:

Tigernest2.jpg

Thank you!

To be honest, I think the main reason my cat and my bunny get along is because the cat has asthma. He used to try to chase the bunny (I was supervising, of course), but would just end up having a coughing fit (Dookie easily escaped and seemed to think it was a game). After several hundred attempts trying to catch the bunny and only ending up gasping for air, he finally learned not to do it.

So now they co-exist in relative peace and even groom each other once in a while. :)

OMG Nienna i want you cat!!!!!!!! That is just the cutest darn thing i have ever seen ( apart from my cat) :D :lol:

Thank you Phill. :) Even at over a year old, he still looks like a baby as he only weighs about 6 lbs. He's always been a runt...and it didn't help that he was abandoned very young and hand-reared. :cry: No matter how much we fed him, his size never managed to catch up.

Oh Nienna our cat is the same he is almost 2 and he is still tiny! Still looks like a kitten! I love him!

great pics - my rabbits don't really get on with my cats,
my poor CATS get chased by the rabbits :lol:

it quite weird before i got the rabbits my cats would hund birds and bring them back etc.
but they don't any more :)
Lucky one of the cats sometimes even grooms Cassie my netherland dwarf :D
but she doesn't do it to any of my 2 other bunnies, because they case her and my other cat :lol:
i'm glade it's not the other way about :D

Do cats get steroids and relievers like people for asthma?

Yes. Tiger gets a dose of steroids every 2 days, and a dose of bronchiodilators once a day. It's all by pill, though. They make inhalers for cats but my vet said she doesn't recommend them. :?

Back