• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looking to give a good home to an oldie

Ryo_the_rat

Warren Scout
i apologise in advance if this is against the board rules, as im actually looking to adopt a guinea pig(or two).

i have searched and searched the internet for a Guinea pig message board like this one and have not had any luck. i have also rang up every rescue centre that i have the number for around the birmingham/west midlands area and they either have none for rehoming(which is great news by the way) or they only have babies/younger guinea pigs. i am considering rehoming an 18 month old guinea, but would still prefer older.

i am looking to rehome prefebly 2 guinea pigs(or one if they can not be with other pigs) around the age of 2-3 years and upwards. i want to offer a home to an older one as i know that rescues often find it harder to rehome older animals which saddens me.

i do apologise for writing this here. i have noticed a couple of threads on this board regarding guinea pigs though so thought it worth a shot.

hopefully someone here can point me in the direction of guinea pigs needing homes, or a guinea pig message board.

Thanks in advance.

thanks for that, but yes ive been searching that page religiously! lol i am in contact with someone who as advertised a few guinea pigs on that page in my area, but again the oldest she has is 18months(the one im considering) i have even emailed a couple further a field but havnt heard anything back as yet. heres hoping someone here can help!

Have you looked on www.guineapigrehome.org.uk for piggies? There must be someone near you with older piggies looking for a home. If only I was nearer you we could have easily fulfilled your request as we have plenty of piggies over 18 months old who are looking for a good home. I have a 5 year old male pair on the waiting list who should hopefully come in over the next fortnight.

Janice

Animal Rescue and Care

this is the problem im having-all the older guinea pigs seem to be too far away! it really is a shame you arent closer! im afraid there doesnt seem to be any older guinea pigs close to me. the lady im in contact with has even rang all the people/places she knows of and they only have 18 months or younger. it is good that there are no older guineas looking for homes-really good, just not good for me! lol

Would this pair suit you?

basilandbeckham.jpg

This is Basil and Beckham, both 2 1/2 years old and very friendly :love:

I might be helping out with some bunnies next weekend, if I do, it would mean travelling in your direction anyway. How far are you prepared to travel?

Cheryl

I know how you feel yo_the_rat

When we decided we could offer two rescue buns a home there were none available in our local area , ended up having to do 120 mile round trip to get them in the end. It can be frustrating, but rewarding in the end :D

omg those are soo cute!!!! i want them too!! When i was ooking for piggies they all seemed to be older ones and I ended up adopting an 8 year old :D shes great though, the older ones tend to be more laid back

sgprescue said:

basilandbeckham.jpg

I might be helping out with some bunnies next weekend, if I do, it would mean travelling in your direction anyway. How far are you prepared to travel?

Cheryl

They are sooo cute! I love wee guinea pig noses! :wink:

sgprescue said:

basilandbeckham.jpg

Cheryl

OMG YES!!! they are sooo cute!! serious cuteness overload here! and the perfect age too! i shall pm you :wink:

I take it that you are the lady that I spoke to yesterday.

Well done on offering these two lucky piggies a home, they are adorable :love:

rngpwelfare said:
I take it that you are the lady that I spoke to yesterday.

Well done on offering these two lucky piggies a home, they are adorable :love:

hehe, yes that would be me! :D ive rang around that many rescue centres this past week that ive lost track lol

Back