• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Please Help - UPDATE - Pics added

Mikeymoo

Mama Doe
I have just seen some rabbits in the paper so i called and the gentleman on the phone said that he had some babies that were ready to go. He said they were FOUR weeks old. Im really worried about these rabbits what should i do ?
Should i go and get them ? Any advise would be great

P.S they arent in a great area where i live and im worried what might happen to these as they are so small

did you not tell him that they are not ready toleave there mum until at least eight weeks, if you do take them the chances are they may not survive as they need there mums milk still and will be prone to gut problem like my hagrid!

or call the rspca!

eve x

Why not ring and tell him that they should stay with mum till they are at least 8 weeks, he may just be unaware of this fact, if hes says he wants them gone offer to have them and their mum?

I you dont want to call, get the rspca to call but tell them you will take them all if he really cant be bothered learning how to keep them properly. Good luck

i have just spoken to him and explained that they shouldnt go from there mother until they are at least 8 weeks old. He said that he would sell the mother and the babies with a hutch for £15
They arent his rabbits they belong to someone else who was going on holiday and had no one to look after them and he's bored with them anyway :evil:
He also said that he wants them gone before the owner returns

Good on ya Mikey I think you are doing the right thing lets face it he's not putting up a fight and may just give them to anyone :roll:

Wonder where the buck is?

If you can mange them I would certainly take mother and babies. It doesn’t sound like he cares how old they are when they go to news homes.

Do bear in mind Mikeymoo you will be responsible for finding these babies new homes when there old enough (you may want to consider neutering them before you rehome them to stop any more unwanted litters) or if you can keep them all neutering/vaccinations/food/accommodation costs etc will add up to quite a bit.

A local rescue may be able to help you if you explain the situation.

Well-done done for helping these Rabbits! :thumb:

Louise

i would ring the rspca first and see what they say they cant prosecute him if you take them i think! give them a call! or call a local rescue and let them deal with him!

UPDATE

i went to fetch them and he had 8 in total 2 orange rexes 1 dutch 1 nethie ( gorgeous) a Heinz 57 and the mother and two babies. The hutches were all on the floor and piled on top of each other. He didnt know what sex any were or how old they were.
I asked him why he hadnt contacted the RSPCA and he said his"friend" wanted to sell them :evil:
They babies had been fed on carrots and RR and the water bottle was green. I brought them straight home and cleaned there hutch up.
Will call the RSPCA first thing in the morning to see what they suggest.

Awwwwww glad you got them home safe and sound, How do the mum and babies look? Were the other buns in a bad way? Is could be worth asking the RSPCA to go and check the others out, incase they need removing from his care, I doubt very much that they are a friends, I bet they are his :roll:

Back