• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

just a quik one!! WASPS and Slugs

xx-bex-xx

Young Bun
can wasps sting rabbits?

and misty has got all snail slug stuff that they leave behind when they move. the slime is on her ear!! how they hell did she not feel it on her ear!! what shall i do to get it off??

EEEEW i've no idea about the slug stuff but as far as i know wasps can sting buns unfortunatly

dunno what to do .....

oh thats just great!! now i feel like gotaa watch them all the time but i cant cos i have school!!!can it be fatal ...

:lol: on her ear how did she not feel it there? lol
i remeber my french lop if one entered the htuch she used to stamp her feet to tell us to get rid of it away from her food!
to keep flies and wasps away from bunnies htuch we used to use net curtains
and put salt under bottom of hutch legs to keep slugs off

lisa

i can keep wasps away when they are n the hutch but they run around freely in my garden and there was a ginormous wasp today and i was feraking out but i didnt know what to do!! im really scared of them!

i have no idea how it got on her ear!! and it does attract quite a few slugs at night around the hutch

I don't think wasp stings can be atal to buns i have certainly never had any problems! Try not to worry to much and yes salt would be a good idea to keep slugs at bay!

my buns have always been ok playing outside wiv the wasps and bees they dont bother them i wouldnt worry to much
my little nethie used to scare me when she was younger she had a thing for chasing bees, but the bees didnt bother her they came after me instead :lol:

lisa

salt kind of makes slugs shrivel up i think. Ive also heard that All Bran is good but that makes them explode so maybe not so nice eh. Cant believe your bunny let a slug walk over its ear! :shock: :lol:

also to keep slugs at away use beer traps or broken up egg shells or upside down orange peels heard these can work too
slugs wont go over brocken egg shells - too rough
they explode yuk! on salt
and they love beer traps and drown
or the orange one they crawl under orange peel u go out pick it up and throw it away in a field or something

lisa

awww u guys so helpful!!!

Diddeen said:
salt kind of makes slugs shrivel up i think. Ive also heard that All Bran is good but that makes them explode so maybe not so nice eh. Cant believe your bunny let a slug walk over its ear! :shock: :lol:

lol omg they blow up!!!
lol i know neither can i !!
i will use the salt thing then!
and im not so worried about the wasps now !! fanx u guys!!

Oh can i do it!!! I would love to pour salt on a slug and watch it blow up that would be gross!!

Back