• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

WANTED: 1 or 2 neutered bucks

Lorraine

Young Bun
After having unsuccessfully tried to bond my two female bunnies (1year and 8 months old), I have now convinced my husband that i need to bond them with a male each.
Does anyone know of any rescue centres in the Bournemouth/Southampton area with bunnies to adopt?

Please help two lonely bunnies! :(

1 or 2 neutered males

If you are prepared to come up to the other end of the M3 Animal Rescue and Care have LOTS of neutered males all looking for a good home. I have added photos of a couple of new young ones which have just come in over the weekend. They are all booked to be neutered in the next fortnight.

joeysm.jpg

niblersm.jpg

rabbit1sm.jpg

rabbit2sm.jpg

They are lots more on our website www.animalrescueandcare.org.uk

Janice

Animal Rescue and Care

Oh the bottom bunny looks just like one of my first bunnies, Magic!!

There is a Blue Cross in Southampton, they have bunnies although not sure what they have at the mo.

Good luck!

Nicola

Thanks for all your help! I think it may be too far to travel to Twickenham, but I will bear this in mind as you have got lots of lovely rabbits and experience in bonding!
I have just phoned up the RWA and they have given me a list of 9 rescue centres that I can ring up. That should keep me busy!! :)

Hi

Have you asked at the RSPCA at Ashley Heath Ringwood? They rehome rabbits but I have asked if they help with bonding, ie let your rabbit choose its partner, etc and they were not too forthcoming on this.

There's also Second Chance in Southampton , I think a lady called Wendy deals with smaller animals.

Lynsey

Lorraine said:
I have emailed Annie but she is away until the 6th May, so I will see what she says when she gets back.

oh yer forgot, she is coming to me after her break!!!! i will text her and find out!

the piccys are oh here of the boys ,see if i can find um for ya!

Thanks Eve for your help, but I don't know whether the two lovely boys would like to be separated to pair up with my girls.

Lorraine said:
Thanks Eve for your help, but I don't know whether the two lovely boys would like to be separated to pair up with my girls.

no i think they are quite happily bonded actually! and i do enquire how the boys are when we speak and annie has not mentioned that they are back from there new home!

eve x

Re: 1 or 2 neutered males

jrn1310 said:
If you are prepared to come up to the other end of the M3 Animal Rescue and Care have LOTS of neutered males all looking for a good home. I have added photos of a couple of new young ones which have just come in over the weekend. They are all booked to be neutered in the next fortnight.

They are lots more on our website www.animalrescueandcare.org.uk

Janice

Animal Rescue and Care

Omg I have just seen Bently on your site today - he is GORGEOUS! Oh dear I can see I'm going to have trouble just picking TWO (not TEN) *sigh*

I guess you are talking about Freddie our 8 year old boy who was terrorised by the toddler of the house, when he was delivered to Donna by his owner he was placed in the 'rabbits free range area' of her garden and the horrid little boy kicked him ... with the dad not saying a word to the boy. Thankfully he is out of that now and in a far nicer place. It would be nice to find him a retirement home where he can live out his days.

Freddie
Freddiemed.jpg

Aw poor little Freddie! Horrible child. Makes you wonder how it'll grow up.

I notice Phyllis has gone to a new home... she was an old lady wasn't she? b-m

Phyllis an older girl was paired up with Lyndford a 2 year old boy on Monday and has only just gone out to a new home to a local lady. It is so nice when some of the older boys and girls find nice new homes where they can get lots more one to one attention than we are able to give them.

Janice

Animal Rescue and Care

Janice,

Do you think rabbits are better in pairs?
I have just been told from another rabbit rescue centre that rabbits are happier on their own with lots of human attention. I was told my hutch is too small for 2 rabbits (it is 5ft x 2ft). :?

As a rescue I would very much advocate the pairing of rabbits with another rabbit. A quote from http://www.houserabbit.co.uk/rwf/articles/BondingRabbits.htm

'Rabbits evolved to live in groups, never alone. Keeping a single rabbit deprives your pet of one of his most fundamental requirements; the company of his own kind. It is possible to keep just one rabbit if your bunny lives indoors as part of the family, with plenty of human company. But once you have witnessed a bonded pair of rabbits grooming each other, lying down together, and eating together, it's unlikely you will ever want to return to keeping a solitary rabbit.' This leaflet Bonding Rabbits explains how you can successfully pair a rabbit with another bunny friend.

As a rescue we believe very much that rabbits (and guinea pigs) ned company of their own kind and will only rehome rabbits (or guinea pigs) either as a pair or to be paired up with another of their own kind unless a rabbit is to become a house rabbit. Incidentally we would never rehome a guinea pig to be rehomed with a rabbit.

A 5 foot x 2 foot hutch depending on the rabbit size is really the very minimum for 2 rabbits, there are ways of enlarging hutches by bolting on a smaller hutch on the side and by adding runs (either underneath your hutch or on one of its sides) which could increase the size of your accomodation if required.

Janice

Animal Rescue and Care

Back