• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bramble and Blossom's story for Luvabun

5cutebunnies

Mama Doe
January 2005 A man walks into the Worcester branch of the RSPCA with a box. Inside the box are two extremely thin Rabbits, which he said he had found. They were taken by the RSPCA to a lovely lady called Jo who was to be their foster mother.

After a couple of days Jo thought that Floss now named Blossom was looking particularly unwell, so she took her to the vets. The vets examined her and said that she was in Labour! Jo took her straight back home so she could settle and give birth. Jo kept a close watch and noticed that Blossom was now passing fresh blood, she rushed her straight back to the vets where she was immediately x-rayed and they found that one of her babies was stuck in her birth canal. Blossom underwent an emergency C-section. Sadly all her babies were dead and she was spayed. Blossom made a good recovery and was returned to Jo who gave her lots of TLC.

Blossoms husband Billy now named Bramble was given a clean bill of health apart from being underweight. He was neutered late January.

They were reunited and still very much in Love after their ordeal. They continued to stay in Foster care being looked after by Jo.

My daughter and I already had three buns but we had an empty playhouse as the children have out grown it and decided we could offer two rescue buns a new home.

We did a search on this site and the closest buns to us were Blossom and Bramble, we rang the foster carer and made arrangements to go and meet them. My daughter fell in love with them istantly, we filled in the necessary forms had our home check and we went to fetch them three weeks ago.

They have settled very well and are getting more and more confident as the days go on :D

new.jpg

That is so lovely, its really uplifting to see such chilled out buns so quickly after their previous ordeal. now you've made me blubber !!!! thanks for sharing that with us.

awwwwwwww here are some tissues catch !!

You sound as soppy as me, it does break your heart what some of these little loves have to go through :cry:

But these two will be spoilt rotten for the rest of their lives you can be assured of that :D

Oooo I forgot to add that their ages were estimated at about 2-4 years old, so hopefully they have a good time left to live the life of riley :lol:

Thanks for the tissues :lol: I must say they look a very unlikely couple, bless 'em. reminds me of those of postcards you got from the seaside.. you know the large lady and the smaller henpecked hubby :shock: or have I got them the wrong way round :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No you have them the right way round :p

Yes they are a bit of an odd couple but she adores him as much as he adores her :love:

Hard to believe she was once extremely thin looking at her now :lol:

They do look an unlikely couple. Glad to see they're getting over their ordeal. I can empathise (right word?) with the c-section!!!!!!!!

My fault for convincing myself i had adrawstring in my belly button! Both of mine believed me! Anyway, i digress. I had no idea bunnies could have sections! :shock:

5cutebunnies said:
I bet sooty, havent had one myself but my sister had two. She said it was very painful afterwards
:shock: ...................... I know a lady who had 5 c-sections (her youngest is now coming up for 30), she always said she should have had a zipper fitted :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blossom and bramble look lovely, and your story definitely made me smile, at last they are lucky bunnies. :D

That is such a lovely story. I saw these two on RR a while ago and particularly liked the look of them - so glad they have found a loving home :D

was having a rough day at work - and read this story...

feeling much better now - heartwarming.

Glad they've found what is obvously a great home :D

good luck

Martin

How lovely to see them now settled after their ordeal - Bunnies never cease to amaze me in how resiliant they can be - great news :wink:

Back