• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Excessive drinking/weeing

Fluffybunny

Warren Scout
Hi,
One of my rabbits (1yr old Dwarf Lop doe) has recently started drinking double what she used to and is soaking her hutch every day with pee.
She now puts away 250mls a day which might not seem alot but has doubled over the past week....she is also peeing up to 4 times more than she was :(
I don't know if it has anything to do with it but she was put with a buck a week ago but I am 99% sure it wasnt successful so I don't see how that could change anything :roll: :?
Ideas appreciated :)
Rachel

my rabbit used to go through half a litre in a week living indoors
It sort of drank constantly and seemed to drink for the sake of it
Maybe it was just bored

Yet outside it drinks nothing at all (100 ml in a month)
very strange

Lucklily it does it in a tray of cat litter so cleaning was never that bad

Excessive drinking and urinating can be a sign of kidney problems. Has her behaviour changed at all and I take it you haven't changed her food or anything recently?

Hi,
Food changed a month back but all the others are on it and no problems (changed from Russel Rabbit to Allen & Page natural pellets - they also have an added pro-biotic), behaviour the same :?
Rachel

Back