• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can any one offer homes to one of our Long Termers?

Rspca Medway

Warren Scout
We have a few bunnies in our Centre now for over 5 months and are desperate for a new home.

Anyone who is interest needs to contact our Centre on 01634 681187. We are based in Walderslade in Chatham in Kent.

All rabbits have been vaccinated against Myxi & Vhd and all we ask for is a donation. We are unable to transport though and an adoption form must be filled in and signed.

Could anyone offer these bunnies a home

Eddy

Eddy is a neutered, Cashmere Lop who has been at our centre the longest, since August last year. He would love a new home and possiable a girlfriend :wink:

Eddy.jpg

Willow

Willow is an adorable, female, white and brown, Lop x. She's so cute cos she doesn't know what to do with her ear, sometimes their up, sometimes down, sometimes one of each and occassionally we have aeroplane wings where they go out to the side. Willow isn't a cuddle rabbit and is friendly on her own terms and needs an understanding home.

Willow.jpg

Jovi

Jovi is a friendly 2 year old English x. He is quite a small rabbit and is neutered, so could be paired up with a female bunny.

Jovi.jpg

Boycie & Marlene

Boyice and Marlene are two friendly rabbits that are always overlooked because of their age. Boycie and Marlene are boyfriend and girlfriend and are very much in love so need to be homed together, both are friendly and are easy to handle. Boycie is a very attractive white and black Lion Head Lop and Marlene is a black and white Dutch. Both have been neutered. Boycie is 3 years old and Marlene is 4 years old.

MARLENEBOYCIE.jpg

Humbug

Humbug is a mixed breed, neutered, chocolate and white rabbit. He was born in August 2004 and has been with us a long time. He is friendly but doesn't like a lot of handling which puts people off. He would love to find a new home with or without a bunny girlfriend.

Humbug.jpg

Sam

Sam is a black mixed breed rabbit. came to us as part of a large collection of rabbits in one house and became a dad at 4 months old :( . He does get watery eyes when stressed and this puts many people off. Mainly all his eye's need is bathing and occassionally drops, but no one wants this little bun. He was born October 2004 and already had a very stressful life and now wants a forever home. He not keen in being held, but will sit on your lap.

Sam.jpg

We are Based in Walderslade, Chatham, Kent
For full address and to see all our animals check out our website http://www.rspca-medway.co.uk

awwwwwwww good luck hope they find homes very soon. I cant understand why eddy has been left on the shelf he's gorgeous :love:

Got to say I Love Jovi :love:

My hubby says its a good job we are miles away from kent!

Good luck with your rehoming, its sad when people get overlooked contuinually.
Noticed you have a Satin Guinea on your page, there is news from the Netherlands that European Satins suffer from Osteodystrophy, a similar study is going to be carried out in the UK to see if ours have it too. I have had one X-rayed and he is borderline (though not showing symptoms). From now on I am having all Sats X-rayed to see if they have OD.

For more info on this see our site www.readingguineapigrescue.co.uk and go to Satin Study UK.

If you submit an X-ray of a Satin you are automatically part of the Satin Study Group.
Karen

Might have a home for Eddy - will keep you posted. Marie (Bristol) had a visit today from a lady looking to rehome a rescue bun. She was really taken with JT, my cashmere lop Marie is currently fostering for me, but JT will soon be going to live with Binka.

This lady specifically wants a long haired bun. Marie is doing a home visit, and it all sounds really promising.

We have some bunnies travelling to you at Medway Friday 6th that you are taking on from Marie. Perhaps we could time this with getting Eddy (all working out well) back to Bristol??

That would be great, Eddy really needs a home. They keep saying at the centre he should come home with me, but it just wouldn't be fair at the moment I dont time to give anymore animals at the moment, but he always gets alot of fuss when im up the clinic.

Debs0371 said:
Might have a home for Eddy - will keep you posted. Marie (Bristol) had a visit today from a lady looking to rehome a rescue bun. She was really taken with JT, my cashmere lop Marie is currently fostering for me, but JT will soon be going to live with Binka.

This lady specifically wants a long haired bun. Marie is doing a home visit, and it all sounds really promising.

We have some bunnies travelling to you at Medway Friday 6th that you are taking on from Marie. Perhaps we could time this with getting Eddy (all working out well) back to Bristol??

Just keep me posted so we can adjust the bunny running arrangements.... it would be great if we can do a double sort here :thumb: Debs, I don't know if this would work as I don't know how free you are on Friday but what about if we leave your car in Reading, I drive us and buns to Medway, deliver buns and pick up Eddy (and ogle the rest....esp. Jovi :love: if only Molly would take to a toyboy ) then I drive you back to Reading. I'm guessing that Medway is going to be just under 2 hours from Reading.

Jill

someone couldnt sleep then!! :lol: :lol: Just seen the time you posted Jill :shock:

I dont mind doing the medway 2 way journey with you on Friday but I'll have my toddler son with me, so would you mind meeting say at 11 instead of 12?

I was stroking the single buck this morning and the little so n so took a hard bite of my little finger :shock: :evil: He bit really deep! It's a mixture of pain and numbness :( Now I feel nervous of the little ****** :?

Debs0371 said:
someone couldnt sleep then!! :lol: :lol: Just seen the time you posted Jill :shock:

I dont mind doing the medway 2 way journey with you on Friday but I'll have my toddler son with me, so would you mind meeting say at 11 instead of 12?

I was stroking the single buck this morning and the little so n so took a hard bite of my little finger :shock: :evil: He bit really deep! It's a mixture of pain and numbness :( Now I feel nervous of the little ****** :?
Ouch :!: OK lets make it 11..... I don't have kids so don't have a clue how to fix a car seat in my car if required :? :roll: hope your finger is OK... I'll check with Medway and ask them if its OK for us to descend on them at 1 p.m

Hi Amanda, Unfortunate news :( , the lady I was speaking of wants a baby bun. Her reasons are that she previously homed a 5 year old bun which sadly passed over at age 7. She wants the best chance of having many happy years enjoying the bun's company.

the forum is getting a bit confusing with old threads appearing as new ones since the re-store, but I found a thread started back in early April about finding homes for your long timers and there was some talk of Eddy going to Tree. Is this something you would like to consider? Of course space being available!

I wouldnt want to put a bun thru a stressfull car journey just for the sake of it, but just wondered if placing the bunnies in a new rescue may optimise their chances of finding that elusive forever home.

Eddy is beautiful and it's a shame some kind bunny lover hasnt snapped him up. I did consider asking Binka if she would consider having Eddy instead of JT, but I remember from one of her previous posts that she didnt want a grey bunny, plus she is so looking forward to having JT I didnt want her to think I was palming her off. :oops: My mind just went into overtime trying to think of ways to find homes for both bunnies :(

Let me know what you'd like to do about Eddy, so Jill and I can plan Friday's run to you with Marie's baby bunnies and single buck.

One of the babies seems unwell to me. It doesnt seem to be eating and to me it's tummy appears swollen. There's not been any sign of runny pooh in the hutch, but this bun just wants to quietly sit in the corner on it's own when the others are frantically grabbing what they can from the food bowl. If there is no change by morning, I will pop it to my vet for a check over.

Debs

aaaawww Id love Eddy but no space for more buns.. if only i had a garden :( I really hope Eddy finds a new home really soon.. he looks just adorable!

Debs0371 said:
One of the babies seems unwell to me. It doesnt seem to be eating and to me it's tummy appears swollen. There's not been any sign of runny pooh in the hutch, but this bun just wants to quietly sit in the corner on it's own when the others are frantically grabbing what they can from the food bowl. If there is no change by morning, I will pop it to my vet for a check over.

Debs
Hows this little one this morning Debs? Are you off to the Vets?

The baby seems slightly better this morning. It still hangs back when I put their food in the hutch, so this morning when I opened the doors, all the buns were huddled in the covered part. I put the food in the main section so all the buns would move quarters and as I expected this little one stayed put.

I put some pellets and a couple of pieces of carrot down and he / she started nibbling. I was relieved to see it eat to be truthful. Mind you it didnt take long for one of the others to notice and come help it'self!

The bun then went on to have a bit of hay, but I'm still keeping my eye on it. Going to pop home lunch time to check on it and I may still pop it to the vet, just for reasurance if nothing else :?

Amanda, afraid I've run out of options for Eddy :( I asked Binka if she knew anyone looking for a long haired bun but unfortunately she doesnt.

Can you let me know by Thursday if you want him moved or whether he's to stay at Medway till his bunny mummy materialises? Then Jill and I can make definate plans on timings for our trip Friday. Many thanks :D

The finger isnt too bad today. I think the buck is feeling abit guilty as he's been licking my hand and rubbing his head on me. Mind you, I'm still a bit nervous of any quick movements he makes when any body parts is in the vacinity of his teeth!

Took this bun to the vet - turns out to be a doe. Vet has diagnosed a gastric bug and given her a shot plus 5 days worth of powder sachets I've got to mix in her water. I've got a syringe to feed it to her so I know she's getting it. She woofed down about half when I got her home, so will give her the rest when I get in from work.

Also have got a print out from vet to give you about treatment she's had so you are fully up to date. I'll monitor her over the next couple of days and see how she goes. Vet was abit concerned about her travelling Friday. All the other babies in hutch are fine and dont seem ill at all.

Fingers crossed for baby bun Debs hope she'll be ok sure she will with you looking after her.

:p Some Good News :p

Willow and Sam are Reserved and going to new homes soon. :lol:

Someone is very interested in Boycie & Marlene. :wink:

and fingers crossed we are going to try and pair Eddy up with a female bun on Saturday :D

A lady is bringing in her female lop and loves Eddy, finger crossed he will be on his best behaviour. He is usually quite good he has been involved in a few match ups, but people have always been put off by his coat. Hopefully this time Eddy will find a new home and girlfriend to match 8)

aaawwwwww i'll keep my fingers crossed for him! He is absolutely adorable. Oooh and if she does have him try and suggest she comes here and posts piccys or maybe email you piccys so u can show us him with his girlfriend.
Be good Eddy :wink:

Awww, Amanda I hope this weekend is a good one for Eddy and he goes to his new forever home with his new bunny wife :lol:

Rspca Medway said:
Willow and Sam are Reserved and going to new homes soon. :lol:

Amanda - I am so pleased, Steve and I were talking about Willow over the weekend and how we wished we could have brought her home with us too. Theres something about Willow that really tugged at both of our hearts, we really did seriously consider a 3rd bunny! I'm glad she's found a home. :D

Back