• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Protien level which is best?

5cutebunnies

Mama Doe
My daughters best friends bun "Snoopy" has come to stay for 5 days as they are going on holiday, Snoopy is Bernard and Binky's brother they are all mini/dwarf lop crosses. They are all 9 months old now.

I feed ours on Excell junior/dwarf

snoopy is fed on the ordinary excel

While settling them in the shed for the night I read the bags of food I noticed that they both had the same ammount of fibre content but the protien levels differed. 12% in the ordinary Excel 16% in the junior and Dwarf.

Which is better to feed them???

The 12% now they have finished most of their growing. You could even switch them on to the lte which also has more fibre :)

Tam

Thanks Tamsin this food thing can be such a worry, our buns don't eat much of the pellets they are far more interested in the fresh stuff and hay, so the lite would still be ok? They woulny start to loose weight would they? As Bernard is such a wee bun?

Just small or is he skinny? No they shouldn't lose any weight unless they have excess. If they are mostly eating hay anyway and don't have any poop problems you can stick with the standard if you like. It can be easier to get hold of. Hay is really high in fibre so if they are eatings loads of that and very few pellets then the fibre in the pellets isn't so important.

It sounds like your feeding them a good diet already :)

Tam

Back