• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

lino in hutches????

hi

I guess they might eat soft vinyl type, but those stiff lino tiles might be OK - apart from the cracks where they join?

Edana and the cheeky boys :love:

We have recently done this with ours, we bought some self adhesive tiles and stuck them to a piece of hardboard so it can come out to clean underneath.

Its much nicer to clean, we still put the newspaper and shredded paper/hay on top.

It will be nice in the summer if we leave some uncovered so they have somewhere cooler to lay.

I have just lined one of my indoor cages (dog crates) with lino tiles as a tester. If it's any good and doesn't just get dug up and destroyed, I will fit it into the other cages too.

Vera

We have lino in the outside playhouse for the buns - it is really practical and easy to clean, and nice and cool in the summer. Rob did attempt to chew the edges, so we put down the edging trim that you use for laminate flooring right round the outside :)

My hutches are lined with lino -no problems and I know a reputable rescue near me does the same. If you do decide to go for lino, I got mine from one of those big carpet chains..... I asked if they had any offcuts and they gave me some that was destined for the skip as it had a wavy mark on it. There was enough for my 2 5 foot hutches plus a load for the Rescue as well. :wink:

Back