• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is it ok to let the buns out when is raining???

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
:( its been raining hard here all week, so i have been spendinf lots of time with them instead, but today is supposed to be light showers, so i wondered if it was ok to let them out!

Not sure if it is alright as no expert but Hugs and Bun sit out in snow, heavy rain and sometimes hail until it gets sore :shock: They have a lovely snug house to go into but no will sit and get wet especially the hugster then his hair gets plastered to his head :D They do sit in their igloo for shelter sometimes but more often than not will stay in the rain. We asked WG if this was ok as we were worried and they said it was and they would go in if they got too cold.

I let mine be the judge. Totti and Brody love going out in snow but hop straight back in if it's raining or wet from rain. As Molly's such an old dear, I don't let her out when its wet at all. Haven't read anything bad about it, jsut feel better not letting her out in damp conditions.

I always cover up the runs on top if it's going to shower, so they have a lot of dry space to play in, including places to shelter. If they got soaking, though, I would dry them off before putting them back to their hutch or wherever they go. Damp is not good for bunnies.........

Otherwise, they tend to do as they please :lol: :lol:

Dylan hates the rain!!He goes mental if you splash water on him after you've washed your hands!!!

Mine will go out in all weathers except if its really cold! They don't seem to mind getting wet I just rub them with a towel when they come in and they're dry again!!! Rain doesn't seem to penetrate their coats!!!

When I am cleaning the shed out in cold weather, Poppy is out like a shot, but Ralf will not go out in the wind or rain!! he needs a dose of "frizz-ease" if he does!! :lol: It was like a wind tunnel between the shed and house wall last night, and it even blew my bin over when it was half full with straw, wee and muck!! :shock: Poppy doesnt mind, but they both much prefer the sun!! 8)

As long as they have somewhere to shelter if they want to then there is nothing wrong with them being out in the rain.

After all if they were wild bunnies they would have to go out to graze in the rain or sit in their burrows getting hungrey.

Flip top bins with the top taken of and laid on there side are really good as they can get right down the back of them to keep warm and dry. :D

rngpwelfare said:
As long as they have somewhere to shelter if they want to then the is nothing wrong with them being out in the rain.

After all if they were wild bunnies they would have to go out to graze in the rain or sit in their burrows getting hungrey.

Flip top bins witht he top taken of and laid on there side are really good as they can get right down the back of them to keep wqarm and dry. :D

pucca idea!!!!!!!!!

Amy loves to sit in the rain!!! Although she has a lovely dry cosy hutch she would much rather be running in the rain, so I let her do as she pleases :) Actually all my buns are like that, just she chooses to far more than the others!

Interested to hear that other bunnies like to sit out in the cold too. It always amazes me that mine would sooner sit out (and basically be nosey!) than sit in a nice snuggly hutch with lots of straw!

Helen

Back