• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help offered in Newbury/Thatcham area

justjenny

New Kit
Hello,
I live in Thatcham in Berkshire and are considering getting a couple of rabbits. To make sure i was wondering if anyone needs any help with their bunnies. Are ther are rescue places near by. I can not see any. I did think about trying fostering, but worried i would fall in love. Can anyone help? :)

Hi you could try these:
Diana Brimblecombe Animal Rescue Centre
Nelsons Lane, Hurst, Nr. Wokingham, Berkshire. RG10 0RR
Tel: 0118 9341122

Bracknell Rabbit Rescue
Bracknell
Tel: 01344 648823 (12pm-8pm)

RSPCA Reading
Tel: (0118) 901 0192

Green Fields Rescue
29 Beedon Drive, Bracknell
Tel: 01344 488208

:)
Thank you. I have been to one of them in Bracknell. Sadly it is about 30 minutes away on the motorway. I might try Reading

hi if you contact the rescues and they seem to have a suitable bunny is there no one who could take you there to meet them?
Reading is within easy reach of Thatcham and the RSPCA list their rabbits on the Rabbit Rehome site, have you browsed the search rabbits section?
Good luck :D

Lorna is also at Bracknell she runs the Greenfields Rescue, she is always happy to sort out rabbits to suit people looking for them and offers a pairing up service. She is willing to offer after care advise if you need more information, she has also recently set up a holiday care service as well. I am not sure what her set up with fosterers is, howver I am sure she would be happy to talk to you. Greenfields Rescue website is http://www.greenfieldsrescue.co.uk/

Janice

Animal Rescue and Care

Hiya - you are just down the A4 from me!!

I have been to most of the ones listed above and as long as they are willing to travel to you for a home check you should be able to adopt from them. I think the one in Caversham is the nearest to you (Reading RSPCA).

There is also one a rescue in Basingstoke, but not sure if that is too far in the other direction (A340).

If no luck you could always come and clean out my four for me - no charge ;)!!

Caz

Everyone is so nice and friendly. I have been to see Sue At Bracknell some time ago. It is bunnies bliss. Lots of wonderful bunnies and i even got a cuddle of one of her own bunnies. If Tadley was closer i would happily trade cuddles for cleaning. I did email someone at Reading about fostering but are waiting a reply. Off to Walse tonight for the weekend ( trying to work out how many rescue centres i can visit on route before my fella has enough) :)

Hiya, I am from Reading Guineas so can't help with Buns LOL, have you thought about fostering a Bun long term? There are many that cannot be rehomed (usually because no one wants a bunny with dental probs). You would be helping the rescue and giving the Bun a good home too.

Have you looked at rspcareadingrabbits.org.uk ? Sooty (I think it is) has been there for ages and is looking for a special Human. :)
Karen

Back