• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jade rescued from bad pet shop

Copyofluciandmumsbday015.jpg

this is a picture of Jade i rescued her from a pet shop. I kept on going in and every time i went she was still there. She was about 6 months old they had reduced her and told customers she was aggresive so no one wanted her. She was so cute and small as she is a netherland dwarf.

I took her home and two weeks later she gave birth she she had a very difficult birh as she was mated with a rabbit which was too big for her i think that the dad was a cross breed medium sized rabbit. We had to help her and it was touch and go if she or the babies lived. 3 babies died soon after birth. Jade eventually recovered and one baby lived which is a female they live together and are happy now. If i had left her in the pet shop they would of all died as the other rabbits were left in the same cage with her they would have eaten the babies.

It makes me so angry when people traet animals like this why be cruel to animals and not humans. Every living thing should be treated with respect.[img][/img]

We need more people to actually care and take these poor rabbits home just like you did! Thats such a sad story...but such a great new beginning for this little girl!!!

She is so gorgeous.

Right out comes my soapbox :roll: :roll: :roll:
I might be out of order for saying this and if I put anybodys nose out of joint then I apologise :oops: :oops: :oops:
Pet shops big and small should not be allowed to sell buns or any other animal. Most have enough trade through food and accessories. They have no idea of what these little people need and how they should be treated. And all they do in the end is fill up the rescue centres, sometimes it feels like they should cut out the middle man (the customer) and give them straight to the rescue centres!
Now I know I am going to get a lot of people now saying they have purchased Buns from petshops and they havent ended up in rescue centres. I realise this and this isn't pointed at you guys at all.
I just feel that if petshops stopped selling animals and had a list of rescue centres to hand then maybe one part of the circle would be cut and then maybe we could do something about the 30,000 buns that are in rescue centres.
I just want to take them all in, I know thats not possible, but they have no choice about what happens in their lives and humans do.

Respect doesn't cost a thing, whether you/they are 2 legged or 4!!

Sorry about that, hope i didn't upset anyone.

Love you all

This is Mark by the way and not Shell, she'll probably ban me from the forum when she see's i've been throwing my teddy out of the cot :oops: :oops: Mmm talking about cots, I'm off to bed, night :wink:

Hey look Bono is campaining for Make Poverty History so I am doing the same for the Buns!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know...its just so sad! A petstore near me always has buns in, and its so sad seeing them in the cages. Well, there is this one female, chocolate netherland dwarf that has been there for ages. They cut down the price for her so low...she might free now. They have her locked up in this really tiny cage. Literally, the only other place she can go is her litter box and she cant even stand up. Its just really sad..and the reason people aren't buying her is because she is "mean". Ya, wouldn't you be upset and angry if you were trapped in a tiny cage with no change to get out 24-7? I want to take her so bad,..if I had the room and the money I would! Its just so upsetting...but its good to know that the rabbit lovers like us, and many others, rescue them from these situations and bring them home..for good!!!

Hi

I'm so glad this story has a happy ending for her :D , and you :D , Jade looks like a gorgeous little bun.

Mark said:
She is so gorgeous.

Right out comes my soapbox :roll: :roll: :roll:
I might be out of order for saying this and if I put anybodys nose out of joint then I apologise :oops: :oops: :oops:
Pet shops big and small should not be allowed to sell buns or any other animal. Most have enough trade through food and accessories. They have no idea of what these little people need and how they should be treated. And all they do in the end is fill up the rescue centres, sometimes it feels like they should cut out the middle man (the customer) and give them straight to the rescue centres!
Now I know I am going to get a lot of people now saying they have purchased Buns from petshops and they havent ended up in rescue centres. I realise this and this isn't pointed at you guys at all.
I just feel that if petshops stopped selling animals and had a list of rescue centres to hand then maybe one part of the circle would be cut and then maybe we could do something about the 30,000 buns that are in rescue centres.
I just want to take them all in, I know thats not possible, but they have no choice about what happens in their lives and humans do.

Respect doesn't cost a thing, whether you/they are 2 legged or 4!!

Sorry about that, hope i didn't upset anyone.

hear hear!!!!!!

Hey look Bono is campaining for Make Poverty History so I am doing the same for the Buns!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey look Bono is campaining for Make Poverty History so I am doing the same for the Buns!!!!

Hope your clicking your fingers every three seconds :wink:

I can't see the bunny :cry: :cry:

Sure she's lovely, had a rotten start. But that all behide her now she has a loving home with you.

Are you keeping the baby? does she have a name yet?

Nosey aren't I :lol:

Betty

Hi yes i have kept the baby she is called Jade. They get on well together i dont like to have the females on their own as they like company.

Hi Charliesangel where abouts is this pet shop if its near wher i live i will do something about the poor little rabbit. If not i think you should contact the RSPCA or a rescue sancturary as thats no life for the poor thing whether its aggressive or not theres no excuse. If someone does buy the rabbit they will only carry on getting more and making them live in these horrible conditions you carnt win. :no: :evil:

Back