• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch and run combo query

bunny-mad

Mama Doe
Does anyone have a hutch and run combo for their bunnies outdoors on concrete/solid flooring (ie not grass)? (link below for the type of thing I am talking about).

Is it safe to have the run permanently on the hutch, and is this type of set-up secure from foxes, cats etc?

Thanks, b-m

http://www.hop-and-hutch.co.uk/erol.html

I have a run like this but i don't leave buns in it over night, i get to worried that something would get in.

They have outdoor concrete dog kennels and i put them in there at night there more secure. Patch (until aclimatised to being outside) is in there until about 10pm and then i bring him in the house, unfortunatly the run doesn't come away from the hutch it's all screwed together with i big lift up lid.

Yep:
PICT1167a.jpg

The solid florr stops digging and aslong as the mesh is secure then you shouldn't have a problem. That a home built one though not a shop brought.

Tam

Hi

As long as the mesh and latches are secure and the run is a good weight so couldn't easily be moved by a fox then you should be fine......

Mine both stay in their runs day and night...one has has a hutch in the run and the other one the run is attched to the front of the cage. So if they are frightened they can go into their cages but most of the time come rain or snow they are out running around.

The top is covered with Taurpalin and I just pull this down the sides at night to cover them up so they feel a bit more secure and sheltered.

we live out in the countryside and had a problem with rats burrowing into the run, so we now have ours on concrete out of choice. We built the run around the hutches though to give them lots more space. We incorporated a "garden" part in the end, but that is actually built on mesh. It took a lot of head scratching to get the design right, but it's working really well and not even a very determined rat can get in, never mind a fox or cat! Don't know if this helps.

bunnyrun.JPG

bunnyrun2.JPG

100_6247.jpg

This is the childrens playhouse which they have now out grown so my hubby converted it to a rabbit palace :D

Our two new rescued Buns we got on Monday live here now :D

Hi

My buns have a hutch on legs and my hubby converted the underneather space into a run for them.

We made sure that is was really secure and safe for them. They have access to it at night. The only way we (humans) can access it is to actually lift the whole hutch.

Jode

Back