• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

best source for Timothy Hay ?

Martin E

Warren Scout
Last time we ordered from http://www.vetsbed.co.uk

Just wondering if there's another - cheaper perhaps - source for delivery in UK. They also added more for delivery to Northern Ireland.

Anyone know if there's another distributer in the UK ?

thanks

Martin

Although it isnt on the website petlife international do a 22kg box of oxbow timothy. It is much cheaper buying it like that. You could give them a call for a quote

Cheryl

I have got my vet to order in Oxbow timothy hay for me. I only need a 1kg bag at a time, but it saves on postage. They now keep it in stock, so I don't even need to order it! :D

I only asked because they gave Evo the Oxbow recovery solution, they can order in the whole range for me, so might be worth you asking at your vets! :)

Hi,

I've just bought four bags from The Willow Warren www.willowwarren.co.uk.

It's a farm in wales.

A 1kg bag is £2.99.

They also make a range of untreated willow toys + sell apple branches.

There is a delivery charge but they are happy for you to order with friends in the same area and split this.

Hope this helps.

Damo

Have you checked all the equine suppliers in NI, they might have some information for you. I believe that the Irish take very good care of their race horses and therefore they might feed them Timothy hay. Our supplier feeds some of the Ascot horses so it must be good quality stuff :lol:

bunnyhuggger said:
Have you checked all the equine suppliers in NI, they might have some information for you. I believe that the Irish take very good care of their race horses and therefore they might feed them Timothy hay. Our supplier feeds some of the Ascot horses so it must be good quality stuff :lol:

very good idea..

I'll look into it, although we ordered from PetLife for the time being to keep us going.

thanks for the ideas :)

Martin

I tried Timothy hay with Joey and he wouldn't eat it. He loves meadow hay though. What is the difference? Is Timothy hay better for them?

Joob-joobs said:
I tried Timothy hay with Joey and he wouldn't eat it. He loves meadow hay though. What is the difference? Is Timothy hay better for them?

Hugs and Bunny weren't too impressed with timothy hay and Bonnie peed in both boxes so guess she didn't like it that much either :shock: :lol: :lol:
All of them love meadow hay though and munch it all day :D We get bales from a local farm shop for the bargain price of £3.50 which is just as well as Sidney and Purdie come home tomorrow :D

Back