• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

44 Male Guinea pigs

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
Hiya,

I've just been contacted by a rescue in Northampton, they have taken in 44 male guineapigs that now need new homes. The are all male (although they may get a couple of females in next week) and mixed ages. Mostly agouti or dark brown absynians tho a couple of other colours.

If anyone is interested in adopting them you can contact the rescue on 01604 863175.

If there are any rescues that can help by taking a few that would be a big help. The rescue is just off the M1 so handy for arranging transport.

Most of them have skin problems/cateracts from the conditions they were kept in.

Tamsin

Ps. Feel free to pass this on to anyone who might be able to help.

ooohhh gosh 44 males.........I love agouties as my mom has one and she is gorgeous, they do sound like they need some TLC - would love to take a pair but I don't have a garden to my flat :( Good luck in rehming them Tams :wink:

I have got lots of single bunnies at the moment. If anyone can take any of these (or a pair) I could make room for a lot of these pigs.

Cheryl

44 guinea pigs

I have pm'd you Cheryl, we may be able to help each other. If the message fails to arrive let me know.

Janice

Animal Rescue and Care

It looks like I will be able to help with some of these boys. Animal rescue and care may be taking some of the female rabbits and guinea pigs I have here as they have homes waiting, this will free up space for some of these male guinea pigs. If anyone is calling Annette tonight can you tell her I can help? I am just about to go out and wont be back until about 10pm so I wont have time to call her tonight. Transport can be sorted for Tuesday

Cheryl

Just spoken to Annette. I am going to pick up some of these guinea pigs on Tuesday. I have to talk to Janice again yet to see what we can work out but I should hopefully be taking at least 10 of these pigs. They are apparantly all in a bad way, their faces are scabby and most have cateracts. All 44 were kept together in one large group :roll: . They are being seperated into pairs.

Cheryl

Bless them. I am literally 10 minutes up the road from this rescue so if I can help in any way, please let me know. Unfortunately, I will be at work on Tuesday so would not be able to help with a bunny run then.

I have pm'd you Cheryl to say that I can take some more rabbits than previoulsy agreed if you wish, hopefully we can relive some pressure on Annette.

Janice

Animal Rescue and Care

Back