• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FOOD CHANGE WHILST PREGNANT!

i dont know the definite answer but i would have thought as long as you change it really slowly it should be ok.

oh so is your girl pregnant then Eve.........I had been wondering what are you going to do with the babies? Hope eveything is going well for your girl :wink:

BirdieBun said:
oh so is your girl pregnant then Eve.........I had been wondering what are you going to do with the babies? Hope eveything is going well for your girl :wink:

nope carys i dont think she is, i think she is just broody, she keep crying and making nests, so i am going to book them in next month for their op, these ops are killing me finanially :lol:

no my o/h friends girly has a pregnant doe (we think) and since she found out i keep lots of buns she keeps phoning me asking for advise!

and that was her question

eve x

oh right cool so she is having the famous phantom pregnancies then......bet you are relieved..........hope you friends Girlie is ok then :wink:

BirdieBun said:
oh right cool so she is having the famous phantom pregnancies then......bet you are relieved..........hope you friends Girlie is ok then :wink:

relieved just a bit, interbreeding isnt good as i would hate if nythink was wrong with them because of my o/h stupid mistake!!! and the girly think hers is pregnant but to be honest i cant tell, i am no good at palpating rabbits unfortunately

Eve x

BirdieBun said:
well can't the vet tell whether her bunny is pregnant? :shock:

my vets charges £18 for look, my guess is wait the 31 days and you will know either way, i am not being tight i but i personally give the vets lots of money for my rabbits care, but not paying that just to tell me if shes pregnant

Eve xxx

Personally, if your friend is not sure if her doe is pregnant, I would fork out the money for a vet check :) If she is pregnant and her doe becomes ill, she is putting her rabbit and the kits in danger :wink: If the doe is pregnant she needs to increase her food supply as well :wink: :D

If she is pregnant, personally I would not be considering changing her food at such a delicate time when she is needing more of it to build her strength up ready for the birth and feeding her kits :wink: :)

As with another member on here who had to take her bunny for an emergency C section, how would your friend know if her doe is in trouble during labour if she does'nt know if she if pregnant :wink:

yeah I would have thought it would be best to know to be honest, if it was me personally I would have my bunny at the vets if I ever suspected a pregnancy.............god thinking about it I would be worried if my bunny was pregnant - I ain't even got a Doe! :shock: :lol:

BirdieBun said:
...........god thinking about it I would be worried if my bunny was pregnant - I ain't even got a Doe! :shock: :lol:

:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes I think I would be a bit concerned if your Buck(s) were pregnant too BirdieBun.... :shock: :shock: :p :p :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Mind you, one of our Bucks made a nest the other day :shock: ..so I think he is a tad confused bless him, or perhaps he just wanted to make himself a warm bed :lol: :lol:

I would suggest getting a Vet to examine the doe who may be pregnant, as it may affect things like what diet she needs, when to vaccinate, etc.
It also means your friend can prepare for the Birth to some extent...I think it is better to know rather than guess.
:)

:lol: :lol: :lol: yes Adele I would be very worried but very famous being the only Mummy in the world with a neutered but pregnant buck! :lol: :lol:

bunnylove said:
BirdieBun said:

my vets charges £18 for look, my guess is wait the 31 days and you will know either way, i am not being tight i but i personally give the vets lots of money for my rabbits care, but not paying that just to tell me if shes pregnant

Eve xxx

Someone asking your advice is one thing but expecting you to pick up the Vets bill as well is not on.

too right I am sure you are being a big help to your friend it isn't fair on you to have to pay her vets bill too :shock:

luvabun said:
bunnylove said:
BirdieBun said:

Eve xxx

Someone asking your advice is one thing but expecting you to pick up the Vets bill as well is not on.

she is not my friend, just someone who works with my otherhalf and no i am not prepared to pay the bill, my money goes on my buns not other peoples!

Back