• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My brave wee man Pie has crossed over the Rainbow Bridge

I want to thank you all so much for your posts, pm's and tlephone calls wishing my darling Pie all your love and support. I am so very sad to have to tell you all that Pie made the journey over the Rainbow Bridge this morning.

My brave little man had a tumour growing into his jaw which was forcing his jaw bone over his rear gums - there was nothing that could be done as it had developed so rapidly - his abscess on his lip was secondary to the tumour. The diagnosis was such that Pie would only have had a couple of weeks left so along with my vet I took the decision to let him drift across to the Bridge while he was asleep.

Pie was such a cheeky and happy bunny that even today he was trying to make us laugh by climbing out of his box - he managed to have a last plate of his favourite mixed vegetable baby food. I want to remember him as a happy and cheeky bun which is why I felt I could not let him suffer in pain and deteriorate until he did not enjoy his life anymore. I have spoken to Delia and Jim at Bobtails who agreed that this was the best decision for our precious boy.

My Darling wee Pie I hope you are running free and happy and sharing happiness and fun with the other bunnies over the Bridge. During your life you brought everyone so much love and joy and everyone who met you loved you. Delia and Jim adored you (as did all the Bobtails staff) and I know that Tam, Denny and Jill fell for you when you had your big bunny-run adventure. You took everything in your stride and everything was one big fun adventure for you. Everyday you made me laugh - especially the day when you thought you would paddle in Auntie Lynda's coffee. I am so sad that your spirit has left us - but the lives of me, the girls, daddy and Mash have been so much better and so much more fun for having you in them. I promise I will look after your best pal Mash and I will give Aggie & Twinkle a kiss from you too. Meg will miss giving you doggy kisses. Kim will have met you at the Bridge and I am sure she will introduce you to all the other bunnies. Mummy loves you and will carry you in her heart forvever little one.

lots of love and kisse from Mummy, Dad, Colette, Gabby ,Mash, Aggie, Meg & Twinkle

oh no Pam I am so sorry to hear this.........I really thought he would be okay even after I had read Lynda's thread on your behalf. Hope Mash is okay too, my thoughts are with you at this very sad time. Binky Free Pie :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh so sorry to hear that pie is gone you gave him all the love you could and our thought s are with you. Lots of love and Hugs to you XX

Sorry for your loss had to make the same decision myself back in the summer with the same complaint and I know how you feel

Hugs to you all

Maureen

Oh I am so very sorry!

Poor little fella!

Love and snuggles to those he left behind!

Caz

Oh Pam, I am so very sorry about your lovely boy - I hope he says hello to my Charlie at the Bridge and all the other lovely bunnies who have passed that way. Thank you for posting, I am sure we have all been worrying about what was happening with Pie. :cry:

Aaawww, I know there are no words to say, but I'm sorry you had to lose your little man, but I'm glad you made the best decision for him :) Thinking of you and the rest of your bunny clan xxx

I'm so sorry Pam. My thoughts are with you and sending you lots of healing vibes. It must be so hard for you, there are no words I can think of that can somehow seem enough. Hugs xxx

Binky free little Pie and know that you will always be loved xxxx

Sending you lots and lots and lots of love and big hugs, so very sorry about pie, thinking of you at this sad timexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I had no idea he was ill - I am so sorry about that, that is such sad news. You are very brave to have made that decision. My thoughts are with you. Xx

Oh Pam, I am deeply sorry to hear your very sad news, sending you all our love and hugs, thinking of you
XXX

I'm so sorry to hear he's crossed the bridge :cry: He was a very beautiful and special cuddly boy. Give Mash and the ladies some hugs from me.

Tam

I am so sorry, I was almost in tears at your lovely post. I had missed your previous posts so this is news to me.

It was lovely to follow the story of his and Mash's trip to Scotland and have followed their story as, in my opinion, they are so similar to Azlan. Love to you, your family and Mash.

Back