PDA

View Full Version : My brave wee man Pie has crossed over the Rainbow Bridge

kimbun's mum
13-04-2005, 02:06 PM
I want to thank you all so much for your posts, pm's and tlephone calls wishing my darling Pie all your love and support. I am so very sad to have to tell you all that Pie made the journey over the Rainbow Bridge this morning.

My brave little man had a tumour growing into his jaw which was forcing his jaw bone over his rear gums - there was nothing that could be done as it had developed so rapidly - his abscess on his lip was secondary to the tumour. The diagnosis was such that Pie would only have had a couple of weeks left so along with my vet I took the decision to let him drift across to the Bridge while he was asleep.

Pie was such a cheeky and happy bunny that even today he was trying to make us laugh by climbing out of his box - he managed to have a last plate of his favourite mixed vegetable baby food. I want to remember him as a happy and cheeky bun which is why I felt I could not let him suffer in pain and deteriorate until he did not enjoy his life anymore. I have spoken to Delia and Jim at Bobtails who agreed that this was the best decision for our precious boy.

My Darling wee Pie I hope you are running free and happy and sharing happiness and fun with the other bunnies over the Bridge. During your life you brought everyone so much love and joy and everyone who met you loved you. Delia and Jim adored you (as did all the Bobtails staff) and I know that Tam, Denny and Jill fell for you when you had your big bunny-run adventure. You took everything in your stride and everything was one big fun adventure for you. Everyday you made me laugh - especially the day when you thought you would paddle in Auntie Lynda's coffee. I am so sad that your spirit has left us - but the lives of me, the girls, daddy and Mash have been so much better and so much more fun for having you in them. I promise I will look after your best pal Mash and I will give Aggie & Twinkle a kiss from you too. Meg will miss giving you doggy kisses. Kim will have met you at the Bridge and I am sure she will introduce you to all the other bunnies. Mummy loves you and will carry you in her heart forvever little one.

lots of love and kisse from Mummy, Dad, Colette, Gabby ,Mash, Aggie, Meg & Twinkle

BirdieBun
13-04-2005, 02:09 PM
oh no Pam I am so sorry to hear this.........I really thought he would be okay even after I had read Lynda's thread on your behalf. Hope Mash is okay too, my thoughts are with you at this very sad time. Binky Free Pie :cry: :cry: :cry:

Phill
13-04-2005, 02:09 PM
Oh so sorry to hear that pie is gone you gave him all the love you could and our thought s are with you. Lots of love and Hugs to you XX

honeybunny
13-04-2005, 02:15 PM
so sorry to hear he didn't make it. Love to you all

SOAD
13-04-2005, 02:24 PM
I am so sorry Pam, big hugs :cry:

Betty
13-04-2005, 02:28 PM
sorry to hear about Pie, sending you hugs

Betty

Rallybunny
13-04-2005, 02:28 PM
Poor Pie. :cry: Thinking of you. XXX

MoBunny
13-04-2005, 02:29 PM
Sorry for your loss had to make the same decision myself back in the summer with the same complaint and I know how you feel

Hugs to you all

Maureen

Joob-joobs
13-04-2005, 02:33 PM
That's such sad news. *hug*

Caz
13-04-2005, 02:33 PM
Oh I am so very sorry!

Poor little fella!

Love and snuggles to those he left behind!

Caz

Lizzie
13-04-2005, 02:35 PM
Oh Pam, I am so very sorry about your lovely boy - I hope he says hello to my Charlie at the Bridge and all the other lovely bunnies who have passed that way. Thank you for posting, I am sure we have all been worrying about what was happening with Pie. :cry:

Diddeen
13-04-2005, 02:46 PM
aaawww Pam.. sorry to hear Pie has passed over. hope you and Mash are doing ok.

Nix
13-04-2005, 02:46 PM
Poor little Pie. Binky free little rabbit x

FlipFlop
13-04-2005, 02:56 PM
Aaawww, I know there are no words to say, but I'm sorry you had to lose your little man, but I'm glad you made the best decision for him :) Thinking of you and the rest of your bunny clan xxx

BinkyBun
13-04-2005, 03:26 PM
I'm so sorry Pam. My thoughts are with you and sending you lots of healing vibes. It must be so hard for you, there are no words I can think of that can somehow seem enough. Hugs xxx

Binky free little Pie and know that you will always be loved xxxx

Mark and Shell
13-04-2005, 03:34 PM
Sending you lots and lots and lots of love and big hugs, so very sorry about pie, thinking of you at this sad timexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Toby
13-04-2005, 03:36 PM
I had no idea he was ill - I am so sorry about that, that is such sad news. You are very brave to have made that decision. My thoughts are with you. Xx

Adele
13-04-2005, 03:39 PM
Oh Pam, I am deeply sorry to hear your very sad news, sending you all our love and hugs, thinking of you
XXX

Tamsin
13-04-2005, 03:40 PM
I'm so sorry to hear he's crossed the bridge :cry: He was a very beautiful and special cuddly boy. Give Mash and the ladies some hugs from me.

Tam

Towsbuns
13-04-2005, 04:10 PM
I am so sorry, I was almost in tears at your lovely post. I had missed your previous posts so this is news to me.

It was lovely to follow the story of his and Mash's trip to Scotland and have followed their story as, in my opinion, they are so similar to Azlan. Love to you, your family and Mash.

gina paul
13-04-2005, 05:16 PM
i,m really sorry to here about pie . i was at work earlier when i logged on and seen the news just after 2. you must be devestated , there are no other words that i can say to you apart from we are all here if you need us , i really hoped that it was nothing more than a simple infection , how wrong i was . all my love

gina . xx

anon101
13-04-2005, 05:22 PM
Very sorry to hear your news Pam. Sending lots of hugs.

Louise

rngpwelfare
13-04-2005, 05:29 PM
I'm so sorry to hear your news.

Our thoughts are with you and yours.

KateRowan
13-04-2005, 05:46 PM
I'm so sorry :( He sounded a very special bun. Sending you a big hug x

Lind80
13-04-2005, 06:20 PM
So sorry to hear about Pie. Take care.

nicolar
13-04-2005, 06:57 PM
I'm so sorry to hear your news. He looked like such a lovely boy and so very special. You gave him a wonderful home in his time with you, take lots of care and give snuggles to Mash, I hope he doesn't miss his buddy too much.

Love Nicola x

Jaypot
13-04-2005, 07:14 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: So very sorry Pam - I know that you had that extra special bond with Pie as he needed that bit more TLC which you gave him willingly.
He is at peace now after a lovely few months with you - you are right about him being special, he has touched your lives forever and made your lives richer because of that.
Run free in the eternal sunshine Pie, you are so loved and so missed by so many xxxxxxx

Marlene
13-04-2005, 07:16 PM
Oh Pam ..have not been on for a while and I read your very sad post. I am so sorry to hear that Pie has gone. Lots of hugs coming your way

Love from

kelly-louise
13-04-2005, 08:17 PM
awwwwwwww that's so sad to hear :cry: :cry: :cry:
im sending you load's of love ,hug's,and kiss.

kelly-louise

bunnyhuggger
13-04-2005, 09:35 PM
:cry:

~ Binky free wee man, your a very special boy and I'm sure you've been here on earth before, your so very wise and calm, such an honour to have met you Pie. Climb on the highest look-out posts, get up on your back legs and stretch up as tall as you can, smell the new scents on the wind, find the tastiest grass and twigs to chew on at last. This is the start of your new life but remember, you will always be in our hearts ~

Scoot
13-04-2005, 09:40 PM
So sorry dear friend :cry:

Denny
13-04-2005, 09:48 PM
Pam, no words can ease your heartache but, take comfort that you are deeply in our thoughts at this sad time :cry:

Pie had such a cheeky character that made him so lovable and irrisistable that I could see why you fell in love with Pie and Mash :)

Even though Pie was with you for a short time, Pie was very much wanted and loved and this is the greatest gift you can give a bunny :) to be wanted and loved is all they ask and Pie definately had this with you and your family :wink: :)

Pie will be bouncing and climbing in the land where there is nothing but sunshine, green green grass, no illnesses and no pain and I have no doubt that, he will be snuggling up to Kim :wink: :)

A big big hug coming to you and Mash

Run free Little Pie bun

Love Denny xxxxxxx

xx-bex-xx
13-04-2005, 09:57 PM
sorry to hear about your bun x x x xx much love x x x x

Dorothy
13-04-2005, 10:27 PM
I am so sorry to hear this Pam, you must be devastated. But Pie will remember you always as the lovely person who took him and his friend into your lovely home when so many others passed them by.
Sending big hugs from all the Sanctuary bunnies.

bunnytales
14-04-2005, 10:18 AM
:cry:

~ Binky free wee man, your a very special boy and I'm sure you've been here on earth before, your so very wise and calm, such an honour to have met you Pie. Climb on the highest look-out posts, get up on your back legs and stretch up as tall as you can, smell the new scents on the wind, find the tastiest grass and twigs to chew on at last. This is the start of your new life but remember, you will always be in our hearts ~

:cry: :cry: :cry:

- Awww Pam, Sorry I missed this yesterday I am so sorry for you loss but
these little bunnies touch us so deeply that sometimes it difficult to understand how they engrain themselves on our lives. I thought Lynda's thoughts here were sooooo lovely and I hope this and all our hugs and best wishes for you and Mash and furries will help you through this and eventually the smiles will return and you will be able to remember Pie with all the funny little bunny antics and with much love.

bluebunny
14-04-2005, 11:39 AM
Awwww pam im so sorry xx
binky free pie xxx

MandyM
14-04-2005, 02:02 PM
Pam I'm so sorry to hear about your lovely boy :cry: he sounded like a wonderful bun. Thinking of you and sending big hugs to you and your gangxxx

Binky free little manxx

Maaike_Butter
14-04-2005, 03:12 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :cry:

Binky happily, wee Pie...

BevBunny
14-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Pam - I am so sorry to hear your sad news, you did the right thing for your little man and from what I have learned about you over the last few months since I joined the forum I can guarentee that Pie had a fantastically happy life.

Sending lots of hugs to you, and nose rubs to Mash.

Night night little Pie, run free with all of our bunny friends across the bridge. We all miss all of you.

Kerri C
14-04-2005, 09:20 PM
AWW I cant believe it, I am so sorry to hear about Pie, I didnt even know he was poorly. I've not been on the forum for nearly a week and I've got loads to catch up on. So sorry for your loss. xx

beck
15-04-2005, 07:39 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Pie :(
He has had a happy life with you as others have said so well.
Thinking of you and Mashx

Tahra
15-04-2005, 08:44 AM
Im so sorry Pam - its such a hard decision that we all have to keep making, life with animals can be so rotten but so joy filled too. Hope Pie is having a great time on the other side, there are so many great buns to catch up with.

take care,