• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Murray and poppy have arrived

conny

Warren Scout
Sorry, for not having written earlier. Our modem is down and Bt not in a hurry to fix it. We therefore have no internet at home at the moment.

We picked the bunnies up on Saturday. They are getting on very well (Murray seems to be the boss) and are slowly settling in. Poppy felt at home nearly instantly. Murray was hiding in his nesting box in the beginning but he is out and about now, exploring his new surroundings. He begins to realize that nobody wants to harm him. Ciara, our dog is over-exited about the new addition to our family. She takes a great interest in the bunnies and trembles for excitement whenever they move. But otherwise she very good. Given half the change, she would try to lick them. (Not so popular with the bunnies).

Martin on behalf of Conny.

Aww Congratulations conny, so glad to here that murray seems to be coming out of his shell!! :D

awwww excellent I am so pleased for you and how sweet that your dog loves them too :D what breed of dog do you have?

I'm finally back online - but I don't know for how long as it's still not right ......2 long phone calls at premium rate and my connection is being held together by virtual cellotape...... If my complaints to bt don't work I'm changing provider.

Sorry about that little rant, but they are driving me mad.

Anyway, back to my new buns ...... Murray is still extemely nervous but is making some progress ......Poppy is doing well and her sticky bottom is not that serious ....though she won't even try her Science Selective (maybe I should give her a vat of vodka before dinner time ........well it worked for Tree!! :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Poppy has settled in really well and will accept being hand-fed, which I'm using to try to gain Murray's confidence through her ........until today he just looked at her, from a safe distance, with amazement (I guess wondering how she could be so brave - the bunny equivalent of bungy-jumping!! :lol: ) ..........................But, today, major breakthrough! .......he finally almost accepted a pellet from me ...... I offered him a pellet through the bars which he took in his teeth but as I took my hand away he got scared and dropped it (he did eat it a little later though) ........ I wonder what kind of trauma the poor guy went through before to be so terrified all the time :( .

Our dog, Ciara (or Kiki to her friends), is a black and white cocker spaniel. We had our first buns before we got her so she has grown up with the idea that rabbits are a natural part of any home and loves having buns around again .......although Con and Fee used to give her hell, I think she would prefer to have them back, cos poor old Murray doesn't go out much and Poppy stays with him ......but hopefully this will change in the near future as Murray gains confidence.

Back