• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

too early to worry ?

May4

New Kit
Hi

Quincy has been with us for 10 days he is 8 months old we was given him by breeder, he doent seem to be drinking much (how much should they drink) not much food goes from his bowl should i give him more time to settle in, going to buy food that the breeder was feeding him tomorrow. The 2 10 week old girls are doing great eating well and drinking lots.
Any advice will be great, thanks inadvance

May :?

did the breeder give u any food that she had been feeding him? Its usual practice to slowly change to a different feed over about 10 days so as to not upset their tummy. Different rabbits drink different amounts.. one of mine drinks about 20mls a day, sometimes less but he does eat veggies.. my other one drinks quite a bit more. It could be due to stress of the move also i guess.. is he producing plenty of poops?

Hi

Yes breeder gave us some food it lasted about 7 days between the 3 of them, mixed with what we bought we only got some from wilkinsons :cry: and on reading some of the posts today probably wasnt the best. he seems happy and looks very well. He poos quite a lot mostly dry and some times not, but not runny.
May

Are they eating hay? If you've read a few posts you will see that should be the main part of their diet. I get mine from a farm as they don't like the shop stuff. If they are eating hay, you can mix the not so good food that they're on with a better quality food e.g. Science Selective. Start adding about 10% of the SS to the mix then gradually increase it until they're on that 100% - most buns seem to love it. But get them on hay, hay and more hay. Good luck, sounds like you have your hands full :thumb:

hi

Yes they do have hay dont seem to eat much of this, my friend is getting me some from a farm this week will try them on this.

May

Back