• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescue bunny run needed from Norwich/Cromer to Berkshire

Hi all, hope you can help. There is a bunny and 2 guinea pigs that have been advertised as "free to a good home" in the free ads. I have contacted the lady and said I will take the rabbit & piggies but they are a long way from our rescue in a town called Happisburgh (pronounced "hayesborough") between Norwich and Cromer.

If anyone can help get them to west london I will collect them from there.

Its a worry because this lady has already been approached by some very dodgy characters and while she says she is reluctant to let them go to these people she says she simpy cannot afford to keep them and they are going to HAVE to go soon to whoever will take them. Even though I have explained to her that RESPONSIBLE rabbit owners dont look in the free ads for pets she still says they have to go and that is her only option. I am really keen to get these animals out as all are unspayed/unneutered and I'm petrified that they will be taken by reptile owners for breeding for food or something awful like that.

Can anyone help me get these animals out? Its a 3 hour drive from here and if I have to go myself and get them I will but if anyone can help break up the journey I would really welcome some assistance.

Thanks so much.

Lorna at Green Fields Rescue, Berkshire

Tel 01344 488208

Can't they take them to a closer rescue centre? Dont know if Cheryl at Sprowston has any spaces or there is one in Cambridge and others in east anglia they could try.

Well yes, that would be ideal but this lady isnt prepared to do any legwork to look for one thats the thing.

Have you got any contact details for the other rescues I could give to her?

Thanks

You could try pming Cheryl, her nick on here is sgprescue.. but as i say i dont know if she has any spaces.
There are other places listed on rabbit Rehome:

People For Animal Care Trust
River Farm, Woodrising, Near Hingham, Norwich, NR9 4PJ
Tel: 01362 820775

Hillside Animal Sanctuary
Hall Lane, Frettenham, Norwich, NR12 7LT
Tel: 0870 991 4530

RSPCA Norfolk West Branch Rabbit Rehoming Centre
Tel: 01485 572385

Second Chance Animal Trust
Central Norfolk Kennels & Cattery, Church Lane, East Tuddenham, NR20 3NB
Tel: 01603 880728