• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Finally pictures, sorry it ttok so long. Hope this works!!

Kim7

Young Bun
Here are my babies, Willow (The Dutch) is sadly no longer with me and is greatly missed, Nina is the wild rabbit/hare, she is a handful but we love her, and she cheers me up no end with her antics (even though she has caused several mild heart attacks!!!)

Fingers crossed that this works!!

They were taken on my phone camera so sorry about the quality, will hopefully have better ones to post soon.

aaaawwww she does look a real character! They are both cuties :D Your third photo didnt work as it is a .bmp and needs to be a .jpg

wow :D :D willow is a stunner, sorry for your loss :( you can certainly tell Nina has hare in her :shock: she is gorgeous :D 8) 8)

Thanks for the advice about the bmp, will try and get a jpeg picture to you all shortly.

We originally took Willow to the vets with a chipped tooth, she was a real clumsy rabbit and kept bumping into things when she got excited. Then she developed a head tilt which was an inner ear infection from which she developed abscesses, the vet operated on her once, and she did really well she was at the vets for four weeks on really harsh treatment, she pulled through and seemed to be doing fine, within a few days she had developed a secondary abscess, the vet tried antibiotics, but the infection had taken hold and we decided that it was cruel to keep putting her through this and a second operation, we had to have her put to sleep two weeks ago, and it was the saddest and hardest thing i ever had to do. She was so brave and you could tell that she really wanted to fight it, but the vet and i did not want to put her little body through and it was kinder to let her go.

We really miss her, Nina does too, she keeps going on frantic searches for her.

But Nina keeps us busy causing no end of trouble.

awww so sorry to hear that it sounds like it was a real hard decision - well done for being so brave and putting your bunny's health 1st, it is so easy to let animals carry on living but it is selfish isn't it. Bet your other bunny really misses her then if they were bonded..........will you get her another friend eventually or will you keep her on her own do you think?

Nina misses Willow like crazy, they weren't bonded and sort of just put up with each other, we didn't realise how much nina relied on having Willow there. She keeps looking for her and has been acting a little strange recently, but the vet said that she will eventually get used to it, we are spoiling her to make up for it, she will probably end up a little diva but at the moment we just want to make her feel secure.

We discussed getting another rabbit, we don't want to replace Willow we couldn't but it does feel wierd having just one bun. I'm at uni at the moment so my boyfriend cares for the rabbits more at the moment, so it's kind of up to him. He loves rabbits and would fill the house !!! we decided not to get one just yet, but we spoke to our vet who often gets litters of babies dumped on his doorstep, and we said that we would be willing to take them on until homes could be found, he sometimes has difficulty finding homes for them and as a last resort would possibly have to put them to sleep, he never has ,as he has managed to find homes for them, but i couldn't bear it if that happened so we decided that we would like to foster them until permanent homes could be found. i would want to keep them all though.

I do miss Willow though it feels really bizarre not seeing her on a morning. but it was the right thing to do, and it was awful seeing her look so ill.

Will have to keep you all informed about the fostering, i might need some of you to fall in love with them!!!

you did the right thing with Willow poor little soul, great that you spoil your bunny I am sure she will be fine soon :D

Back