• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quick topic - Litter Trays

D

Damo122

Hi,

Ok I have my cage sorted out and now my attention has turned to litter trays.

Options appear to be - Cat tray - Hooded tray - corner tray - plastic dog bed.

I spent about two hours in Pet world and gave myself a headache trying to decide.

I have a 4ft x two foot cage so thought that a corner tray might be the best as it won't take up half the cage, but everyone else seems to use full size trays.

I'd be really grateful if peeps could just take a sec to say what tray type they use / have found the most successful. Would especially like to hear from anyone who's used a corner tray.

Thanks all.

Damo.

Joey uses a corner litter tray in his cage and a square one in the corner of the livingroom. He wasn't too keen on using the corner one at first but I used to put a wee bit of used litter from his square one into the corner one until he got used to it. Now he hardly uses the one in the living room, he always goes into his cage to use the corner one.

Mine has a deep cat litter tray from wilkinsons.. they use them really well. Depending how big your rabbit is you may need a very deep one cos they tend to reverse to the corner and if they are taller than the tray edge they squirt over the edge :oops:

hi

I've got a bit more room, but you could probably fit an underbed storage box in a 4x2 hutch - I think mine's 18"x 2foot - and high sides - 6" at least - might fill one end of a hutch but easy to clean, and it doubles as a hay rack - I shove all the hay at one end, and the megazorb at the other - works well for my 2 - only about £5 from Wilkinsons.

littertray.jpg

Edana, Benji and Pepper :love:

Our bun is a house rabbit, she has a corner lit tray in her cage for overnight or if we're out. Most of the day however, she uses the cats lit tray & has been known to turf the poor cat out if she feels her need is greater!!
Rose

Well the litter tray I use is a Hi-Bac (bleh, think that's how they spell it). I just bought mine from petco and it works out quite well. It's not as large as a cat litter box but big enough for him to use.

Well good luck

I use the open litter trays with a clip on rim that help stop currants, hay etc being kicked everywhere, P@H sell them in sizes suitable for everything from a Nethie to a Frenchie.

Hi guy's,

Thanks for taking the time to post replies. It's really helpful to hear what other people do. Well I bought a large corner tray as it was only four pound. It makes a huge difference to the amount of room in the cage so so i might give it a go and see how they like it.

I'm also thinking about picking up a plastic dog bed as they seem ideal but the only ones i've found so far have vents in the bottom which would be a problem i guess.

I should have mentioned that the tray is for two rabbits (Malcom and Sandy) both Lion head Lops.

I adopted them from a rescue centre and all being well with the home visit they should be moving in next week.

I better get back to that bunny proofing :)

Thanks again.

Hiya!

A bit late, sorry! Fonzie has a corner litter tray in her cage, and a "normal" cat litter tray in the living room & one in the conservatory. She uses them religiously, bless her! Although, she did pee in the middle of the living room carpet the other day in protest of her hay being in the litter tray! :lol:

Good luck with your bunn! I'm sure you'll spoil them rotten just like us lot do with ours!! :roll:

Take care & Blessed Be,

XxXxX Emma XxXxX

Back