• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

*does the happy dance!* - updated

Joob-joobs

Mama Doe
Went to the SSPCA shelter today and fell in love!!! Joey's getting a girlfriend.... if the bonding goes to plan!

She's a wee fluff grey and white dutch cross with blue eyes, 18 weeks old. She so cute. I won't be getting her for a wee while though as she had babies last night, they're going to call me once she is able to come home. I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of her!

If everything goes well with the babies I will go back in a few weeks to get a picture of her with her babies, then they said that I should be able to pick her up in about 6 weeks time.

I really hope Joey and her get on, I'll be looking for some bonding advice when the time comes!

Anyways, I've not got a picture at the moment but I want a 'blue' related name cause of her cute blue eyes. Any help would be appreciated.

*does the happy dance*

thats great stuff but i hope you will be picking her up in more like eight weeks thats when her young are fully weaned!

and please go easy on here as she would have been tired from all that work lookng after her young!!

but good luck with her and please post some piccs as soon as you have them

Eve x

I asked the girl in the centre if it wasn't 8 weeks but she said that they would be ready to be separated at 6 weeks! :shock:

My tummy is all butterflies when I think about bringing her home. Racking my brain for a name, my thoughts are - (not all blue linked)

Amethyst
Sapphire
Bramble
Lilac
Silver
Ash
Heather
Skye
Jade
Chloe
Sophie
Poppet
Freya
Mia
Flick
Willow
Shelly
Zoe
Storm
Mallow
Thistle
Clover
Braken

And the list goes on.....

How am I ever going to choose!

Oh congratulations joobs!! i defo agree with carys poppet is a great name!! :D

And eve is right the baby's shouldn't really be away from there mum until 8 weeks

Yes 8 weeks is the time if you take them earlier they might not be weaned properly as mum starts weaning at 5-6 weeks

Can't wait to see pictures

It's so good to have other folk to discuss this with, I'm driving my boyfriend crazy trying to decide on a name. Hate to think what I'll be like if I ever have the responsibility of naming a child! I'm just to excited about getting new bun! :D

On Saturday they weren't sure if the babies were going to survive. I've just called the centre and everything's going well with them. I'm going to go along in a couple of weeks to see them. (Armed with my camera of course!)

Yay!

Back