• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wanted - Neutered female in the Glasgow area.

Joob-joobs

Mama Doe
I'm looking for a neutered female to be a companion to my 2yr old dutch x male. There are 4 SSPC centres within travelling distance of me, I've called them all this morning and 3 of them have no rabbits in, the other one has 2 females (one of them having given birth last night). I'm going to see these two today but if anyone knows of any looking for a home in my area can you let me know please.

Thanks (Joey says thanks too!)

I have, there's one near me but I've emailed and txted the owner with no reply.

Anyways, there's no need to keep searching.......

I went to the SSPCA centre and I fell in love with the bunny that has just given birth last night!! She's a wee grey and white fulffy dutch cross, with blue eyes. She's a wee hunney!! I won't be able to get her for a few weeks but I am soooo excited. She's only about 18 weeks old.

I can't believe I took my camera and forgot to take a picture!!!

The girl at the centre did say that she hasn't been very interested with her babies and they don't know if they will survive. (they said that if she doesn't take an interest within the next few days the babies will be pts! :cry: ) Wish I had enough room to take her and her 6 babys. If the babies don't survive I will get her sooner.

*goes to make another 'name my bunny' thread*

Rabbit mums aren't meant to be very interested in their babies, they feed them only once or twice a day for a few minutes at a time and may totally ignore them for the rest of the day. Thats normal :)

Tam

Tamsin said:
Rabbit mums aren't meant to be very interested in their babies, they feed them only once or twice a day for a few minutes at a time and may totally ignore them for the rest of the day. Thats normal :)

Tam

Oh I hope the rescue knows this :roll: Putting them to sleep cos 'the mum doesn't look interested' would be downright murder :(

I think they meant if she doesn't feed them then they pts so they don't starve to death. :cry:

The vet was going to see them on Monday so I'll prolly give them a call to see how it went then.

Hi

Just wondered what SSPCA centres you had called - if you don't want to put it on the open Forum could you pm me - it is just I usually take the Dundee photos and wondered if they were one of the ones you called.

Thanks

lol Pam

I called the ones in Ayr, Milton, Bothwell Bridge and Cardonald. I'm getting her from the one in Bothwell Bridge, near Hamilton.

Back