• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch

Hi

Can anyone suggest a good place where I can get a nice hutch from that is not going to cost me the earth. I am desperatly wanting to adopt a / two bunnies but need a hutch first :(

Hiya - are you planning on keeping the bunny/bunnies indoors or outdoors. Bunnies do love a partner, especially if they are outdoors :)

Lots of people are now keeping their bunnies in a converted shed/playhouse outside. For inside, dog crates are a good idea as they give them a lot of space in comparison to the plastic style hutches :)

Outdoors. We have a nice garden all lawn, with very secure fencing so they can run around in the garden when I am out there. We have a piece of ground just next to our shed which we are going to make into a large secure run, which they can safley be in without someone having to watch them. We just need the hutch. :(

Everywhere we have looked they are either too small, or the right size but cost too much. Unfortunatly we only have one shed and that is full of garden tools.

Carla - Sam at Hairbell had some 6ft hutches for sale, dont know if she still has them. She is near Attleborough so not too far from you. If you want her number let me know.

Cheryl

Do you use your shed much? You could convert that into a bunny house and build a run attached. That way you wouldn't need a large hutch just a box suitable for a bed :)

Tam

Back