• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Update on Princess

nicolar

Mama Doe
Princess still hasn't been to the toilet even after having another Metoclopramide injection yesterday, plus liquid paraffin, probiotics and lots of tummy massages! I'm waiting for the vets to ring me back to decide what to do next, I expect they will admit her so they can find out what is wrong. :( Shewill hate being in there, and I'm worried she won't eat as she tends not to when she is stressed.

I'm so dreadfully worried, she is still eating but not as perky this morning, she is obviously uncomfortable.

Lots of healing thoughts needed for my Princess.

Nicola

Ach no, I was really hoping that she would be back to her normal self today, and produced lots for you :?

Is she on metacam at all, or any other pain relief - it's just that if she's uncomfortable that will make her miserable, and if she is in any pain it won't help her to go (so to speak).

Any time Rob has had statis and is being given gut stimulants, my vet has always given metacam aswell. Might be worth checking if the vet thinks it will help.

Thanks Julie, I'm hoping things will get going soon.

Lynn - she isn't on Metacam but I will mention it to the vet. I don't think she put her on anything else because she has been her normal, lively self for the past few days, only today that she looks like it is uncomfy. I guess it is getting to her a bit!!

Nicola

Yep she is still eating and drinking, which is good. I made her a warm mash this morning with Excel, warm water, probiotics, hay and liquid paraffin in which she enjoyed. Easiest way to get the liquid paraffin down her!!!

Nicola

nicolar said:
Yep she is still eating and drinking, which is good. I made her a warm mash this morning with Excel, warm water, probiotics, hay and liquid paraffin in which she enjoyed. Easiest way to get the liquid paraffin down her!!!Nicola

That's good news :)

Keep us updated with what the vet says, and try not to worry yourself too much, hard though it is.

Yep tis good. Still waiting for vet to ring!! Will give a ring in few mins, I know they are busy tho. Will keep you updated.

I've just brought her inside so I can keep a closer eye on her, she seems a bit perkier indoors and is having a run around which will hopefully move some of the gas about! Tummy massage time again soon :)

Nicola

Just spoken to the vet - they want to see her again, I've got an appointment at 4pm. Clare said it was good she is still eating, she offered to hospitalise her for a day or so to save me running backwards and forwards. I said I don't mind the going backwards and forwards, whatever is best for Princess so I guess we will see what happens at 4pm!! If I can look after her here I would rather do that, as I know she will eat here. But if she needs to stay in then I'm happy with that too. I just want my bunny better :)

Fingers crossed for later, she is stretched out in the lounge at the mo having a doze so she isn't too ill!! Just want to keep her this way.

Nicola

lets hope she poops soon, I can imagine how uncomfortable she must be! Really hope she gets well soon Nicolar xx

Aww, poop girl pooop! Let us know how it goes at the vet, I'm my fingers crossed they sort her out quickly :)

Thanks Birdiebun and Tamsin :D I am praying for poos too, u almost feel like squeezing them out of her when it goes on this long!!! I was surprised that Metoclopramide injection didn't do anything yesterday, she must have strong guts, resisting it!!

I'll update later once I'm back from vets. Gotta have hair cut at 5pm so I hope I get back from the vets in time! Should do as only 20 mins away but u know what these vets are like!!

Nicola

Im sorry to hear that princess isnt feeling well, sending you and her lots of positive vibes and that she is feeling better soon. xx

Thank you Kerri and Tree. It's our third vet trip this week this afternoon - I might as well get a bed in there!! :)

Awww, I say to my vet that i'm going to have a direct debit from my wages going straight to them, the amount I seem to spend. Good luck.

nicolar said:
Thank you Kerri and Tree. It's our third vet trip this week this afternoon - I might as well get a bed in there!! :)

I know what you mean, thought Poppy was going down the same route herself on Monday, but she's ok now touch wood. They are such a worry, I really hope she is feeling better soon, and you can start spoiling her again. Let us know how you get on. xx

Yep I know, it's been £46 already this week!! Luckily she has 6 weeks insurance with Petplan which I got when I adopted her, just need to find out how to make a claim and whether I need to wait until all treatment is over!!

I will def let you know how she gets on. Kerri I'm glad Poppy is feeling better, once Princess started pooing again on Mon night I really thought that we were on the road to recovery! But no we aren't! Luckily I've been off most of the week, only working the weekend and if I need to I can miss college tomorrow morning. Normally I'm so busy I barely have time to sit down, so it's come at the best time really!

Nicola

Come on little Princess - Poop for your Mum pretty please :!:

Will keep everything crossed for your little girl at the Vets this afternoon.

So sorry to hear Princess is still not right Nicolar, we are all rooting for her , and hope the Vet can give you some positive news later.
He/ she will need to look closer now though, so lets keep everything crossed it can be sorted very soon.
Love and best wishes (sorry I have not had time to reply to your email Nicolar thanks for writing, just having a few probs here of our own, so have very little free time at the moment)

Hurry up and POOP Princess......the Paraffin should be moving something by now :roll:
Please keep us posted

Back