• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

rabbits making noises

smokeys owner

Warren Scout
Just lately I've heard smokey making weird noises, they're hard to explain, it's sounds like someone snoring. She does'nt seem to be acting differently apart from that though, should I be worried?

Marmalade makes loud grunting noises when she is in season, this is just her way of telling me not to disturb her :no: .

Harry makes little sighing noises when he's content, usually when stroking the center of his head :lol: .

Eloise makes noises all the time. The others grunt, occassionally, but Eloise seems to think she can talk. :lol:

Betty

Both my dwarf lops make a sort of whistling/buzzing noise when they're excited about something. I used to panic about it when it was just Flopsy doing it until I discovered on another forum that it seems to be pretty common especially with dwarf lops. Then I got Ferdy and he does it too. None of my others ever have but I don't think it's anything to worry about. All mine have had clean bills of health when they've had full check ups.

When bunny gets her PMT she growls (sometimes it is louder than my dog!). She had just started making snuffling noses when she is smelling something she loves..

She also grinds her teeth.. I do it back to her, she must think im mad!

Love n bunny hugs
Mizzmarni n Bunny
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sugar growls most of the time when she doesn't get her own way!! Crystal was making this peeping noise like a baby chick does!!! and Pebbles grinds her teeth when she is sitting on my lap!!

My bun makes a funny noise to the only way I can describe it is furt. :lol: or sometimes it sounds like a bees buzz :shock: He does it when hes running around.

haffyj said:
Sugar growls most of the time when she doesn't get her own way!! Crystal was making this peeping noise like a baby chick does!!! and Pebbles grinds her teeth when she is sitting on my lap!!

who is Pebbles?

Nala is very very vocal..altho not so much now. I get a grunt when i pick her up but she used to make a squeaky noise too which someone suggested could have been a sign of stress. Simba is fairly silent.. just the occassional buzz around my feet :lol: Oh and they both do the teeth chattering noise thing.

samandshawn said:
My bun makes a funny noise to the only way I can describe it is furt. :lol: or sometimes it sounds like a bees buzz :shock: He does it when hes running around.

That's the noise :lol: . I often call them my buzzing bunnies :p What kind is yours? I'm curious as to whether others beside dwarf lops do it too

BirdieBun said:
haffyj said:

who is Pebbles?

aaaaaaaaaa!!! my new little bun i got from next door a couple of days before sugar surprized me with her little ones!!! i must get upload the new pictures of my lot my i get to my O/Hs

smokeys owner said:
lmao a rabbit getting pmt, that would explain a lot, she is female after all. thanks for clearing that up.

Well i call it PMT.. I get it so why cant she :lol: :lol:

Love and bunny hugs

Mizzmarni
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

KateRowan said:
samandshawn said:

That's the noise :lol: . I often call them my buzzing bunnies :p What kind is yours? I'm curious as to whether others beside dwarf lops do it too

lmao yeah that's exactly what I was trying to describe, only smokey does it out of my lot but if both of yours does it then thats a bit of a relief lol.

KateRowan said:
samandshawn said:

Mines a angora cross, he only started doing it when we got a baby bun, he does it when hes running around after the baby. :?

Mine making little noises when I pick them up and seen as none of them really seem to enjoy I seen it as a sign of stress. Sometimes sounds like heavy breathing/snorting/snoring nosies.

Eamon growls and grunts (usually first thing at me) or at the other bunns when they are making him move or trying to get some attention from him

Milo makes these weird noises when he eats hay. I have no idea why, i'm hoping it's because he enjoys munching on it lol :lol:

Other then that he is pretty quiet, I don't know what to say about your bun, probably nothing serious(alas i am no rabbit expert so i don't know everything lol).

Back