• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Patch Needs A New Home

Rosie

Warren Scout
Hi,

My rabbit - Patch is very much in need of a new home.

We love him a lot and dont want to part with him, but he has grown and is a housebunny. He really needs to be in a bigger cage or in an outdoor run.

We simply dont have space for a bigger cage - we recently moved house, and if we put him outside its certain he'd be stolen.

He is 14mths old, very good temper, very tame and loves being handled.

We have a dog and cat, he has no fear of either of them, in fact he scares the dog.

We live in Edinbrugh city.

Help?

Rosie, Chris and Patch

awww rosie u must be heartbroken that u have to give him up! if phill takes him you'll have nothing to worrie about! She has Amazing Runs!!
Big time Bunnie Lover!!! :D

I'm sorry. He is not neutered.

We considered getting him neutered but then he never showed any aggression or other male behaviour so we decided against it.

Sorry :(

Hiya Rosie - do you have a photos of the wee chap - usually helps a bit when people fall in love with a cute pic :wink:

Are you also contemplating carrying out a housecheck with whomever offers to take him :)

Would you be prepared to have him neutered in order to find him the right home?
Sorry to have to ask this but did you not realise that he would grow?
It may be worth adding him onto the Rabbit Rehome listings which would enable people who are not members of the forum to locate his details.

I've just spoken to my vet. The cost (and this will sound horrible) seems too much to pay when we would be giving him up.

I had a male rabbit before and he was not neutered and never grew anywhere near as much as Patch has. Patch was sold to us as a Dwarf Lop, its always dwarf rabbits I've had before although never a lop.

None of my previous rabbits have been neutered and they never grew this much.

I know I sound callous I just want the best for him, but we cannot afford to get him neutered then give him away.

Sorry.

PatchEatingPizza.jpg

Thank you. He's really beautiful. Its tearing me up to have to let him go but its best for him.

He likes Pizza then :wink: If I had the room id take him as I don’t mind Un natured buns, but I am still waiting to move house myself. I hope he gets the great home soon.

I agree you should have known that animals do grow and you cant always guess how big they'll be. your pics show a dog and kitten too do you intend to keep them if you haven't much space?
On a more positive note I think you've done the right thing to try and find him a home through a forum such as this ( as we're all rabbit lovers! :D ) rather than just dumping him or handing him in to a local RSPCA. i hope someone on here offers him a forever home..good luck Patch
PS perhaps the pizza diet made him grow! I'm sure Tamsin will be along later to say how super excell is better for your bun than a large margarietta! :lol:

Well I am very sorry that I've made this mistake. Having had dwarf rabbits in the past I was aware of the size that they were and made the error of thinking Patch would be around their size also.

My dog is over a year old now, my cat is 8 months. We will be keeping them as we have two very large parks near the house in which to excercise the dog and the cat is a house cat who has full access to all areas of the house, he does not need supervision as he has been 100% trained not to chew any cables etc.

Its ironic that you mention the SSPCA as they are the people we got the dog from and we got the cat from a local rescue centre too.

We didnt have a choice about moving to this smaller place, the move was done for medical reasons and had we turned this place down we would not have been considered for another.

I can assure you. The pizza in the photo was not fed to Patch, he merely begged for it, we took the picture and removed it from his reach. I would never NEVER feed any of my animals such junk. Patch has a diet of bunny mix and daily supplies of carrot and other veg.

I take all this criticism to heart and it really hurts that I'm being labled a bad owner simply for making one, albeit, big mistake.

I came here to try and find the best home possible for Patch, who is a loving, tame and happy rabbit. I am sorry for making mistakes but I'm doing my best to put this right.

You are in the right places to re-home him, don't take anything to serious, it's all suppose to be light hearted. :D

My remark about the pizza was meant as a joke!! And I did say I thought you were doing the right thing in the way you are trying to rehome him. Most people on here will make comments..it's a forum..but mine weren't meant to upset you.

Back