• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Floppy :(

Toni

Young Bun
There is a rabbit here in long island at the suncost mall pet store .. i have named him floppy b/c he is a big white bunny with floppy ears (not sure if its a girl or boy) ............floppy has been at this store since b4 easter all his friends were bought (even though he was the cutest with the best personalitly) .... i go ever week to see floppy .. and it made me very sad when I went there today to see him the store had gotten a new shipment of very little bunnies so they took floppy out of his big area and put him in a tiny cage that is way to small for him he can't move at all , the cage isn't put together right and he can't recah his water bottle b/c it is down so low ............I was sooooooooooo tempted to buy him but i do not have the room for him ....... he is a sweet bunny ... the pet store has a sign on his cage that says do not touch bunny will bit, i pet him anyway and all he wanted was love no biting...they will never sell him that way ......

Awwww this is such a shame and a typical plight of many bunnies left behind for one reason or another in pet stores.

Do you know of any rescues in your area - maybe you could have a chat to them to see if they can do anything to help this poor bunster - as you say I don't fancy his long term chances if they have a note on his cage saying he bites.
:(

Haggle for him. They can't sell a bunny in a tiny cage with a note up that says he bites, and every day that he's there he'll be costing them money. Offer to take him off their hands for free, don't give them any money, but try to convince them that you're doing them a favour by taking him off their hands.

I know you're freeing up space for them to sell more babies, but they've clearly given up on this chap anyway, and have already moved him out to make room, so I don't think it's too naughty to try and pinch him. I know you don't have room, but once you've got him you can move him on to a rescue where he'll have more space and attention and more chance of finding a home with a family who know how to deal with a nippy bunny.

You'll need to check with the rescue first to make sure they have the space for him.

There is a long term bunny in the shop by me, she has been theie sence november :cry:

Back