• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long for the hay.

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Just a quicky

As some of you know I have a (ahem) shopping basket as a hay rack. What I tend to do is fill it from the top so they eat from the bottom, but do I need to be taking all the hay out every so often and refilling the entire basket with fresh? If yes how often should I be doing this.

Thanks in Advance

Hi Tree!

Im still not having any luck with the photos, stupid phone!!!! :x

I top up Elvis' hay every evening when i get back from work/gym/shopping....etc! Then throw whats left away in the mornings and put fresh out (does that make sense :? ). No idea if this is how it should be done but Elvis seems quite happy with it all!!

No worries keep trying, you have to send it as a multimedia message, what phone have you got?

Hmm maybe I should change all the hay tonight, although saying that it's only as old as the bail in the garage, so if I change it all, it's still going to be the same aged hay, if you know what I mean. They can't soil it cause it hangs off the wall.

Yeah, mines all from the same bale, its just that the tray is under the radiator in the hall (live in a flat so space is very limited). I get worried about it going funny with the central heating on......that sounds really stupid doesnt it!!!

Forgot :?

Got a Motorola V600, it normally works as ive sent photos before but its playing up, going to pick my new Samsung D500 up tonight so hopefully that will work!!

I would try not filling it up so much (I hate wasting hay - probably 'cos I have to drive 26 miles for it and it makes a huge mess in the car) :oops: I use the stuff that they haven't eaten for the litter tray.... recycling so to speak

Good idea I never thought about moving it to the litter tray, I will do that.

I never throw any Hay away. Just replace it when its all gone or wet/dirty etc. It dosen't go "off"! :D

Louise

Back