PDA

View Full Version : How long for the hay.

SOAD
06-04-2005, 10:00 AM
Just a quicky

As some of you know I have a (ahem) shopping basket as a hay rack. What I tend to do is fill it from the top so they eat from the bottom, but do I need to be taking all the hay out every so often and refilling the entire basket with fresh? If yes how often should I be doing this.

Thanks in Advance

Sweetie
06-04-2005, 11:00 AM
Hi Tree!

Im still not having any luck with the photos, stupid phone!!!! :x

I top up Elvis' hay every evening when i get back from work/gym/shopping....etc! Then throw whats left away in the mornings and put fresh out (does that make sense :? ). No idea if this is how it should be done but Elvis seems quite happy with it all!!

SOAD
06-04-2005, 11:04 AM
No worries keep trying, you have to send it as a multimedia message, what phone have you got?

Hmm maybe I should change all the hay tonight, although saying that it's only as old as the bail in the garage, so if I change it all, it's still going to be the same aged hay, if you know what I mean. They can't soil it cause it hangs off the wall.

Sweetie
06-04-2005, 11:11 AM
Yeah, mines all from the same bale, its just that the tray is under the radiator in the hall (live in a flat so space is very limited). I get worried about it going funny with the central heating on......that sounds really stupid doesnt it!!!

Sweetie
06-04-2005, 11:12 AM
Forgot :?

Got a Motorola V600, it normally works as ive sent photos before but its playing up, going to pick my new Samsung D500 up tonight so hopefully that will work!!

luvabun
06-04-2005, 05:17 PM
I would try not filling it up so much (I hate wasting hay - probably 'cos I have to drive 26 miles for it and it makes a huge mess in the car) :oops: I use the stuff that they haven't eaten for the litter tray.... recycling so to speak

SOAD
06-04-2005, 05:18 PM
Good idea I never thought about moving it to the litter tray, I will do that.

anon101
06-04-2005, 05:23 PM
I never throw any Hay away. Just replace it when its all gone or wet/dirty etc. It dosen't go "off"! :D

Louise

SOAD
06-04-2005, 05:24 PM
Excellent, that's what I thought, but wasn't sure.