• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i'm back!!! with some piccys of the babies......

haffyj

Mama Doe
.....but as i was uploading them to photobucket my computer crashed!!! so i only have a coplue of pictures of three of the babies!!! there is a fourth and it looks like a mini Sugar the same markings the others are a chocolate brown one (have no idea where his colour from!!) a sandy one with grey coloured legs!! and a mini smokey!! that one is the most moving one he would not keep still, in these pictures they are four days old but now they are 11 days old!!

i promise to upload the rest tonight!!! if my computer wants to play nice!!!

i have also thrown in a picture of the lizards Jade and Puff!!

Poor sugar hasen't had it easy either, last week she had a sticky bottom well she had it everywhere :shock: :lol: !!! and now that has cleared up i have noticed she is losing weight, she is eating alot but i am wondering if it is because she is milking these four huge babies!!!! Is it normal for mothers to lose weight whilst milking their young? it has just been this weekend that the weight has started to down,

OMG they are so cute!!! is sugar the one that looks like Beatrix? I didn't know she was pregnant are you pleased? :D

Yep thats Sugar!! It was a shock in the beginning!!! it worked out two weeks before Smokey had his op, (He was always getting out somehow when the girls were out!!) he got her preggers!! but they are so pretty!!! :D

i know aren't they just!!! i have to try and part with two of them when they are ready!!! :shock: :lol:

No she had four, a mini one of her, a mini smokey, a tan one and a deep chocolate coloured one, i only have pictures of the latter three, a couple of each

Aww give us some pics when they are growing up and we'll try and tell you what colours :D

Maybe the reason she is losing weight is that she is still on rations .... a lactating doe should have unlimited food.

Also have you used a calcium supplement (just type Calcivet into google) and you can order it online. It stops mum losing too much calcium into the milk.

You could also put a small bottle of goats milk on the cage everyday for mum...it keeps them full and also improves the quality of their own milk :)

HTH

They are sooo sweet. :D Have you tried giving Mum goats milk? We gave it to Jessica when she had her babies and she seemed to be eating none stop, thought her jaws would never stop moving!!

Betty

awwww so sweet the sooty coloured one looks like a sooty otter iv got one like that, but hard to tell at so young, here is pic of mine that look similar, will add a pic of her soon at 3 weeks, because cant add it now as comp is playin up
becky

Back