• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I need help!!!

Okay,

Tonight I returned home from vacation. I gave all of my buns hay. Aspen and Willie nibbled at it and had little interest, that is normal. Ashlee started to gather the hay in her mouth like she is going to build a nest! Is this normal for young does in the spring time? I hope it is cuz i don't want another litter!

I can't think of a way she could have gotten pregnant, the closest she has come to a male recently is through the bars.

Help me please!!!

Un-spayed does sometimes have 'phantom' pregnancies, they build nests and act as if they are pregnant even though they are not.

If you're sure she has not been in contact with the males it is probably a phantom pregnancy!

Aspen'n'company said:
Okay,

Tonight I returned home from vacation. I gave all of my buns hay. Aspen and Willie nibbled at it and had little interest, that is normal. Ashlee started to gather the hay in her mouth like she is going to build a nest! Is this normal for young does in the spring time? I hope it is cuz i don't want another litter!

I can't think of a way she could have gotten pregnant, the closest she has come to a male recently is through the bars.

Help me please!!!
Who looked after your buns when you were on hoilday? did they get together then?

I know they weren't togther while I was gone. I went over the directions and the caretaker said they didn't let them out together. Both of my females are getting a little large and firm Their nipples are also swelling.

they have not been out with my male, but can they be impregnated through cage bars? If so then I may have a problem. I was getting ready to schedule the neuter and spays when I made this discovery, so I was trying to prevent anything that could happen!

Nest building does happen at this time of year, Thora made a nest a month or so ago just before we had her spayed and there was no way she was preganant as Eamon the boy bun she lives with is neutered.

Just an update:

I think Ashlee had a phantom pregnancy because she is back to her usual self, and no nest building. But, Aspen has returned to carrying out some behaviors that she had in her pregnancy. she eats all the time, not just pellets. Hay, fruits, veggies, the whole deal. She is also being much more relaxed. She normally is hyper and loves her runs out of her cage. She is not her usually self but she is completley healthy.

Is it possible she is pregnant?

Back