• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help

Toni

Young Bun
Olivia has mushy poop, but he seams fine .... any one know what it could be ... and what i should do

also we have just recently changed his litter we use to use pine and now it is aspen (thats what we were told was the good one) could that have anything to do with it

Is it actual diarrhea or ceocotropes that he hasn't eaten (looks like a bunch of tiny dark grapes).

Has he eaten anything different recently? Like grass if he doesn't usually?
Try and make sure he just eats hay for a few days if that's what's happened and he seems fine in every other way, eating and drinking normally. If it's real diarrhea then he needs to see a vet as soon as possible though as it can be fatal.

I'm really hoping he's alright poor boy, have you got any more details you can give so that hopefully someone expert in these things can give more help. Mine do get a bit more squishy poos sometimes if they've over indulged in rich foods so hopefully it's just that and he needs to be on hay only for a bit.

Toni said:
Olivia has mushy poop, but he seams fine .... any one know what it could be ... and what i should do

has he eaten anything he shouldnt?, other than the litter have you tried anything new maybe a new veg? if not then maybe he has eaten some litter!

i don't think its real diarea b/c its not alot just small strecks here and there and yeah everything else is fine he eats, drink , wants to play ....

I don't think the litter should make any difference, I don't know about aspen. Did it happen at exactly the same time?

he hasn't eaten anyting new....we did take him outside for the first time this spring the other day but he did not eat anything ... he has been eating alot of his food though .. we moved it from in his cage to outside b/c he kept throwing it in his litter box so even if he is away from his food for 2 min he will go back to it and eat a whole bunch

Has he eaten anything different or more than usual, any new foods, bigger meals? It sounds like that sort of symptom is why I'm asking. One of my boys gets it from time to time, usually when he's taken more than his share of food :roll: I'm hoping it's just something like that for you.

You posted while I was writing mine :p It sounds like that's the most likely thing then :p Probably best if you cut back on his pellets and give him more hay, sounds like he's just overindulging :D

Back