• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vet bed??

it frays a wee bit so what I did when I chopped mine up was to remove all the loose tufts immediately after I cut - I just sort of plucked them out. After that it was fine. It also helps if you wash it before you use it. :D

lol Pam

kimbun's mum said:
it frays a wee bit so what I did when I chopped mine up was to remove all the loose tufts immediately after I cut - I just sort of plucked them out. After that it was fine. It also helps if you wash it before you use it. :D

lol Pam

wash it before they use it why, its the first time i have indulged them in it and they are lazying all over it, i cant take it away now they will think i am an indian giver!!!

Eve x

I need to get some more vet bed... Nala keeps peeing all over hers and Simba's! I'll have to check ebay again

Yeah i am washing it but i just want a few spare ones as she pees on it straight away before ive even washed the other one lol! Did you find yours on ebay?

Diddeen said:
Yeah i am washing it but i just want a few spare ones as she pees on it straight away before ive even washed the other one lol! Did you find yours on ebay?

not telling ya you may push up the bids :lol: :lol: :lol:

Washing it just removes any lose bits of fluff. The bottom layer doesn't fry you just end up with tufty bits where you cut through them.

Tam

trouble with vet bed is it looks lovely and cosy when you fist buy it and after the first wash it goes all clumpy and matted

Buddy has vet bed in his cage and in the room where he likes to lounge but i can help feeling he ALWAYS needs new vet bed!!

Ive not had any trouble cutting it

I would personally wash it first to get rid of the loose bits of fluff just incase they ate it or it gets mingled in with the hay :wink: :) I always wash things first as they always smell rather chemically to me :wink: :) one of my pet hates is the smell of a new quilt cover or bed sheet :roll: I think they smell awful :( :lol: :lol:

Back