• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Maybe someone will know...

Angel

Young Bun
It will probably sound really silly, but I've been puzzling over this for a while now.

When my bunnies come out for the day around the flat Sooty happily has the run of the whole place, but Stew never leaves the room they sleep in at night, however if I am cleaning their cage out in the kitchen and pop him on the kitchen floor he won't leave the kitchen :? I have laminate flooring in the hall way and though it might be this, but he's happy on it in their sleeping room with just a couple rugs to get in and out of the cage and litter tray.

I puzzle over it because just one of my steps (not very big!) from their sleeping room is mum's room with carpet and Sooty goes in their when she wants to have a mad half hour (do you call it binking?), but Stew won't cross the hall way.

Any one any ideas why?

P.S. We put a rug across this gap to mums room and he still wouldn't cross it. :?

You might find if you physically put him down on the rug or the hallway he'll get used to it ! I know some of mine have been apprehensive of unknown surfaces till they get used to the idea. Coco wouldnt come off our rug for a while onto the wooden floor even though she was quite happy on a tiled kitchen floor and you would think they were equally slippy - she's fine now and the floor has the scratches to prove it !

I only tried that once, but will persist with him if it worked for you. Maybe I should just put him on it every day and see what he does.

Thank you! :D

I have a similar problem with one of mine - Brian.
The cage is in the kitchen and they have to cross the cold tiled floor to get to the living room.
Blueberry does it no problem in fact can often be found sprawled out on the cold floor :roll: But Brian doesn't like it, I have been putting down a path of rugs and fleece :roll: he'll venture out so far but he hasn't managed the whole way yet - I'm sure he'll get there eventually but he is quite a skittish bunny.

So keep trying!

My old lop Phoebe wouldnt set foot in the living room/dining room or upstairs whilst she was on her own, but as soon as we brought Ralf home for her, he was into everything and she started hopping into the living room etc!! Really weird!! :shock: :D

Back