• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cat Nip?

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Is Cat nip safe for bunnies? I've found this really wicked tunnel made for cats, its so long and made of material, but it contains cat nip. Would this do any damage to bunnies?

I don't know the answer as I've never found it on either safe or unsafe lists for rabbits.

My rabbits are very attracted to playing with catnip toys that my cats have (strong stuff from Culpeppers) and while I've never encouraged them to play with them I've never noticed any reaction then or later - so far anyway - that suggests it harms them in any way. They certainly don't get the high that cats can do from it. I'm guessing that it probably is safe as long as it's enclosed even if it's not ideal eating?

I'd be interested to know the answer to this one too, in case I should be removing all catnip toys from the area when my rabbits are in it :roll: .

I asked in the pet shop, but they didn't know, I didn't want to buy the tunnel untill I knew as it's quite expensive.

yeah I would like to know that too as there are soo many cool toys with cat nip................c'mon someone enlighten us! :D

mmmmmm, cant think where that is!

Lived in wednesbury for 16years so you think id know!!

I just keep thinking of the retail park by bescot stadium but thats Pets at Home there isnt it......

Oh I din't knoow we had a pets at home by us. If you go down the key way from Dudley to Walsal, but take the left as if going towards Wolves, their is a retail park there and a Bently garage.

Yeah its been there quite a while, went just before christmas to get cage/accessories........before i read the posts on here about them.

Mainly went for the earthenware food/water bowls though, couldnt find them anywhere else.

Still having trouble picturing Jollies.......might have to take a trip out someday!

I've got you the address off yell, hope this helps, they don't sell animals just supplies.

Jollye's Petfood SuperstoresUnit 1, Keyway Retail Park, Armstrong Willenhall, West Midlands WV13 2QU

Is a very long material tunnel, but its stiff so it doen't collapse in on itself, but as its material so it can be rolled up and stored away. I am really rubbish at explain things, I think it was called a kitty tunnel, it had quite a big circumference, ideal bunny size.

Back